support person at pre-teaching day?

Brandy H
on 6/30/05 3:50 am - Glendale, AZ
hi everyone. i was wondering, i know that support people are welome to go, but i was wondering if anyone brought a support person to the tuesday before surgery teaching day? my husband is off that day and he said he will come with me...but i don't want him to be bored senseless! let me know if any of you had a support person at this and if they learned much or if there was really no point of them attending. thanks. brandy
Trisha
on 6/30/05 4:39 am - Glendale, AZ
Yes, a support person is welcome to attend. My mom came with me. They learn A LOT about what you'll be going through on surgery day, hospital stay and when you get home. Lots of handouts. Bring something hard to write on. They have free blue binders on the LEFT wall bookshelf. Take one of those! (I did.) About 1/2 the group had a support person there and the other half didn't. But I think it's VERY beneficial to the support person because they learn a lot of what you'll be going through. Hugs, Trisha
HarleyGirl
on 7/2/05 2:27 am - Maricopa, AZ
Hi Brandy! Just want to encourage you to take your husband with you. The surgery will be performed on you but speaking from a married stand point, you both will be going through this together just like childbirth! You will find that the more he understands what is going to happen to your body, the more support help he will be. It will also give him the opportunity to see through other peoples eyes why they are chosing this. My husband and I have been married 34 yrs and he has been with me thru "thick & thin" and three childbirths. He was actually more attentive after this surgery than after babies! Maybe it's and age thing! Even after 15 mos he asks daily how I'm doing, tells me he's proud of me, and when his male friends comment on my looks he tells them I'm his "overhauled" model! I've nevery considered myself a need to be affirmed person, too busy being a mom and grandma. I'm a giver. But now I can see a look in his eyes when he looks at me that I know is filled with a love that doesn't need to be verbalized. I know it has been there all these years, but I finally can be the recipient of it and be comfortable. Hope this makes sense..bottom line take him with you! Good luck & God Bless! Paula Open 4/1/4 330/192/
Trisha
on 7/4/05 3:52 am - Glendale, AZ
So is your teaching day 7/5 or did you have it last week? Gosh, your date is getting closer and closer and closer!!! How exciting!!!
Brandy H
on 7/4/05 5:57 am - Glendale, AZ
teaching day is tomorrow! and ryan IS going with me. brandy
Most Active