"Walk from Obesity"

cindy
on 6/29/05 8:40 am - Mesa, az
The brochures for registration are not ready to hand out, but if you would like a information card with contacts, e-mail me your address and I would be happy to mail you a card. You can go to www.WalkFromObesity.com and copy a registration form and find out more information about the walk. Or if you prefer you can call 480 391-3294. Scottsdale Healthcare, Scottsdale Bariatric Center and other local partners will host the third annual Walk From Obesity. The Walk From Obesity is a nationwide effort to reduce disability, death and discrimination of people who are obese by raising money to fund the education, research and treatment of obesity. Particapation in this event helps provide money to promote public health messages regarding weight management, physical activity and other obesity-related health conditions. E-mail me at [email protected] and give me your name and address and I will mail you a information card. All the local Bariatric Surgeons and staff are invited to this event, so talk to your surgeon and see if they are attending! Share this event with friends and family. Cindy Smith Open RNY 8-6-03 w/Dr Zahn -186 Lbs BR 8-4-04 w/Dr Wiener TT with hernia repair 2-7-05 w/Dr Wiener
Trisha
on 6/29/05 3:01 pm - Glendale, AZ
St. Luke's will be participating with the Scottsdale group. I'll be participating! Who else on here plans to? See if you can get your friends, family and great idea - surgeon and staff to participate as well. Thanks for posting this, Cindy!! Hugs, Trisha
cindy
on 6/30/05 2:53 pm - Mesa, az
You are welcome Trisha, I hope to see all of you at the event. Last year I was volunteering so I did not get to walk, I hope this year to do the walk. I am going to hijack your posting to say Hi to Sandra, you are looking good girl! Cindy Smith
Arizona_Sun
on 7/1/05 12:00 am - Gilbert, AZ
Hi Cindy - you are looking way awesome yourself. The Chandler groups is talking about doing the walk together this year. I hope so. I plan to be there. It was fun last year, even if we did have to get up way early. haha. Sandra
cindy
on 7/1/05 1:07 am - Mesa, az
Thank you, I am feeling awesome. I did not get to enjoy much of the walk last year because I was so busy working the event, this year I will not be working the event, I will be coming as a walker. I am still a commettee member, and I am still doing volunteer work for the walk, I just had to back off some because of other commitments. So I hope to see you there, and it would be fantastic if the Chandler group walked in the event together. Maybe they could wear the same color of shirts or hats or something. Make a flag or small banner. You will still be able to find me, I will be wearing my Scottsdale Volunteer uniform, the light blue top and white bottoms! See ya there. Cindy
GretchenL
on 6/30/05 12:17 pm - Lakeside, AZ
Cindy, Thanks for the information. I just emailed you my address. I am hoping to get down for the walk. I am anxious to meet everyone. Gretchen
cindy
on 6/30/05 2:44 pm - Mesa, az
Gretchen, I sure hope you can make it to the walk, it is such a good event for a great cause. I will drop you a information card in the mail tommorrow. Cindy Smith
Most Active