paperwork idiot

Brandy H
on 6/20/05 9:00 am - Glendale, AZ
Hello, my name is Brandy and I am a paperwork idiot. Ok now that I got that out of the way... I need some of you paperwork guru's to help me out with something. My husband is filling out his FMLA paperwork to be able to take the week I have surgery off. I am looking at this paperwork and I have NO CLUE how to fill this out. For starters do WE fill it out or do we take it to the surgeon's office? Secondly, do we have to tell them what the surgery is for? Medical facts? What the heck does that mean!?? I feel like I am reading in a foreign language!!! HELP!Anyone have theirs and want to email me on what to fill out exactly I would love any help! Because, again...My name is Brandy and I am a paperwork idiot!
Do-over Girl
on 6/21/05 2:18 am - Tempe, AZ
Hello there..."PI" wink. Call your husband's human resources department ASAP...that is what they are there for to help with job related issues like this since each company is different. They should be able to answer all the questions you have posted. I have looked at the form and it is very, very confusing...so in order to have it done correctly as HR for help.
Gabrielle
on 6/21/05 4:12 am - Chester, VA
Hi Brandy! Generally there are parts that you fill in (basic info) and then the surgeon's office has to do the rest. His HR department should be able to help you sort it out, and should be used to helping people with it. Stop calling yourself an idiot! Most people who don't have experience with this stuff are baffled by it! Gabrielle
Trisha
on 6/21/05 2:49 pm - Glendale, AZ
FAX FMLA form to Dr. Fang's office - 602-256-9488. Dr. Juarez will fill it out (or his PA) and WRITE ON THE FAX to not put the diagnosis code "morbid obesity" on there because otherwise they'll do it quicker than you can say "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!". Tell them for medical diagnosis portion to write ABDOMINAL SURGERY. After you fax it - call office and talk to the girl that does the FMLA stuff - forgot her name - and tell her to make sure they don't put MORBID OBESITY on there. That is SOOOOOOO embarrassing! Employers do not need to see that. All you fill out is your name and sign and date it. The surgeon's office does the rest. Oh, if it's for your husband, have HIM sign and date it - not you. And make sure surgeon's office knows it's for your husband to take time off - not for you. And again stress to not have them write your actual medical diagnosis on there because that's confidential but they can put "ABDOMINAL SURGERY". That's good enough. Also, it takes them AT LEAST 2 weeks to get the form filled out and sent to your employer. They also send a copy to you. I would HIGHLY recommend making an OFFICE VISIT - no copay needed since it's part of surgery - and have surgeon/PA fill out form IN THE OFFICE with you and copy it and such that way you have it. Otherwise your husband may not get form until AFTER your surgery. You are NOT an idiot!!! You are wonderful!! Hugs, Trisha
Most Active