Type II diabetes

Kabaa
on 6/17/05 3:09 am - Tempe, AZ
Has anybody had surgery who has Type II diabetes? If so, did your surgeon have an A1C requirement before he would do it? Mine is going to be lap. Thanks. Kabaa
turkeybird
on 6/17/05 5:25 am - AZ
Hello no my surgeon did not have any requirments except the pre-op diet. I received insulin shots in the hospital but since being home I have not had to take my pills. On the average mine does not run higher than 125 now and it has been as low as 90 I hope this helps brenda
fishback
on 6/17/05 6:10 am - Tucson, AZ
Fran, I'm from Tucson and most docs require 10 or less on A1C but the lower you can get it before surgery the better. Mine dropped from 7.5 to 5.7 after surgery. Jeann Fishback TUSWLs
Kabaa
on 6/17/05 10:27 am - Tempe, AZ
thanks gals for responding. I've never had 7.9 before and I was afraid maybe it was so high the surgeon would refuse to operate. Jeann, your answer was what I wanted to hear....10 or less is what the surgeons like to have.....My surgeon told me yesterday that as soon as my insurance approves me, he is ready to go. Fran
Sheryl Tilley
on 6/17/05 11:56 am - Prescott, AZ
There is a pack of vitamins at Costco called Diabetes Health Pack. I took the vitamins for 60 days and brought my A1C from 8.2 to 6.7 during that time. Each packets has about 6 different types of vitamins in it that really help diabetes. Sheryl
Randi D.
on 6/20/05 12:31 am - Peoria, AZ
Fran, I was a type II diabetic, and my surgeon didn't require the test. The first surgeon I went to required the test and said he would not do the surgery on patients with a 7 or higher. I thought this was kind of rude, so I went to another surgeon. I am happy to say that I have lost 94 lbs and am no longer diabetic. Good luck! Randi 360/266/130?
Most Active