Waiting....

Do-over Girl
on 6/16/05 2:52 am - Tempe, AZ
I'm normally a person with a fair amount of patience. It's coming up on about 2 weeks since SBC has sent my information to my insurance company for approval. The waiting seems to be killing me as I check my phone messages frequently and mailbox. For those of you that used Scottsdale Bariatric...how did you hear you'd been approved? Call from SBC? Call from insurance company? Letter? Et al. And was that different than denial which I'm assuming will be in a letter? I'm resisting the urge to call Tish at SBC since I don't want to be a pest...but the waiting is driving me crazy. Not to mention I had a serious fall on Friday 6/10 and rather than breaking my ankle (thank g-d!) I have serious ligament sprain/damage and am in the wonderful black terminator "walking cast/boot" for at least 3 wks and then physical therapy. So how'd you find out I guess is my basic query. (I have MMSI/Mayo thru the City of Scottsdale)
oldpolly1
on 6/16/05 2:59 am - Gold Canyon, AZ
By all means, be a pest!!! The squeaky wheel and all. I think that they were getting sick of my calling and finally approved me!!! I don't go to SBC, but the idea is the same. Call!!! Bonnie B
Gabrielle
on 6/16/05 4:15 am - Chester, VA
My initial denial came by mail, and within two weeks of submission - but I have UHC, I don't know about MMSI/Mayo. I would just give them a call directly. Somebody should at least be able to confirm that they're working on it.
sandust1
on 6/17/05 9:03 am - Glendale, AZ
I called my insurance company direct. The only reason to bug Tish is if SBC has not sent the paper work to your insurance company. Once you get approved you need to talk with Noreen. She schedules appointments and sends you a packet. Good luck, Sandy P
Trisha
on 6/17/05 3:03 pm - Glendale, AZ
KEEP CALLING!! Keep YOUR name at the FOREFRONT of their minds!! I know it takes a while. Hang in there!! Hugs, Trisha
Most Active