PF Chang marathon-1/2 marathon

Sandy in Tucson
on 6/15/05 9:58 am - Tucson, AZ
Who like to get a bunch of us organized to do the PFChang marathon in Janurary-2006. I will be up to do the 1/2 marathon. I would like to be the organizer...but I never do a great job. I can help at any task...but I am no organizer. I just know it's like $60 for each person to enter-plus you raise funds for some sort of charity, too. Trish are you the leader of the pack??????? We need to register soon, bec the price keeps going up the longer one waits. What does everyone think? Please let's get the ball rollling on this one. Sandy in Tucson 110 lbs down
Sandy in Tucson
on 6/15/05 10:28 pm - Tucson, AZ
I was hoping for a reply or two by now!!! Is there anyone interested? I hope so. It is 13 miles......you start training when it gets abit cooler like Sept. or even now on an indoor track. Sandy Newkirk
Brandy H
on 6/16/05 2:10 am - Glendale, AZ
i will reply so you don't feel ignored! no thank you. i am no where near being able to do something like that. my best friend does this marathon and i am always amazed that she does it. i am just not into it. but thanks for the invite! brandy
oldpolly1
on 6/16/05 3:03 am - Gold Canyon, AZ
I'd like to think I'll be ready by then, but there's no way I can run, maybe walk. I used to be a runner in the 80's, and injured my knee, had surgery, was told not to run again. So, I stopped running and forgot to stop eating!!! 120 pounds later, I'm having surgery again, this time to correct the eating thing. I think my running days are over, though. My knee still bothers me, is chronically swollen, painful, etc. I may or may not be able to walk this far. Better not to commit at this point... I do miss running, still. Bonnie B
Sandy in Tucson
on 6/16/05 7:25 am - Tucson, AZ
You can walk the marathon............it's not a total runnning thing...I have friends who walked it last year. I did 2 miles on the treadmill today at Parks and Rec. I have never been on treadmill in my life. It was nice. I prefer to walk outside...but mighty hot out mid-day when I have a break from work. Sandy in Tucson
Eileen L.
on 6/16/05 7:01 am - Gilbert, AZ
My husband is the running/walking coach for the American Diabetes Assn's TEAM-D. They do the PF Chang Rock'n'Roll Marathon every year as their main fundraiser. If you are interested in joining this group, email me privately at [email protected], and I will get you the information. I am going to try and walk the half marathon myself, but don't know if I will be in shape for it yet. TEAM-D starts training in August, on Saturday mornings at 6 AM. I know that to run for them, you have to raise $1,000 and that pays your entry fee, plus you get a TEAM-D shirt and some great coaching (not prejudiced, am I?). It sounds like there are not enough folks on this list who are interested in committing to this, so you may want to consider TEAM-D. They have statistics that show that at least 85% of the funds raised go directly toward the ADA's research and programs, one of the best charities around. Eileen Lebut WLS 1/11/05 326/244/170
Sandy in Tucson
on 6/16/05 7:32 am - Tucson, AZ
Man your losing weight fast.....Wow....and wow again. Tell me some of your secrets. Please!!!!! I am not losing like I was initially....but it is steady. I started at 340....now 233 I would like to be about 150-160. Is the 1,000 for the team----or every particapant. I can get pledges, but I doubt if I can get $1,000 worth.........I work a blue collar job for the public schools...no one I know has alot of $......omg I hope that is a team effort for the $1,000. Please let me know more particulars. I live in Tucson and I will train by myself......can't be driving to Phx to walk.....I am very dedicated walker when I get going. I use walk 10 miles daily like 15 years ago. I know I can do it now. I do have diabetes....so I could qualify to be in the group you mentioned.... Please respond to my questions...ty Sandy
Trisha
on 6/17/05 3:12 pm - Glendale, AZ
OH YAY!!! So glad someone here wants to do a 1/2 marathon too! I am TOTALLY interested in doing the 1/2 marathon! TOTALLY!! I plan on walking it - of course. I will organize it for this board - no problem! I love doing these type of things!! LOL You don't have to be at goal or in shape to participate, folks! All shapes and sizes are there, and if we start now (walking) we can participate! I think you have to be able to walk 13 miles in 3 1/2 hours to do the walk. So start now!! And those that don't participate, be there to cheer us on. We could also arrange to have an ARIZONA board get together as well. Date is JANUARY 15, 2006 - so we have plenty of time to organize this and get ready. Thanks, Sandy for posting this!! Sorry I haven't been on the board in a couple of days - been doing stuff after work the last couple nights. Hugs, Trisha
Sandy in Tucson
on 6/19/05 12:47 am - Tucson, AZ
I was told you may need raise $1,000 in donations to be in the marathon. Is that for the runners...or what? That is abit stiff for my pocket book.. I know I can raise some $.....but where I work...no is rich...I might get $200-$300 but not a $1,000 Please let me know what you learn about the donations for the marathon. Sandy
Most Active