Plastic surgeons - State of AZ employees

teresa@rockartcreation
s.com

on 6/15/05 5:19 am - Tempe, AZ
I've wanted breast reduction since hitting puberty. However, first my mom said to wait until I had my kids and finished nursing. After that my Dr. wouldn't do it because I had gotten too fat. I had lap band surgery a few months ago and after I lose the weight I want to have a reduction done. Any ideas of good plastic surgeons that are in the state system? Do you know what the insurance requires for pre-approval? I'm visiting my PCP on Monday and want to start the documentation process with him (Not that wearing a H bra cup and taking two plates to do a mammogram shouldn't be enough ). Depending upon the skin situation after I get to goal weight, I'm thinking that I might have a TT at the same time and pay that portion of the surgeon's fees out of pocket - but let AZ pay for the hospitalization. Any success or advice? I ended up paying for my banding out of pocket because I was told by Shaller Anderson and my surgeon's office that the policy totally excluded WLS -- only to find out now that some are getting approved. I don't want to pay any more for the plastics than I have to. Thanks for any help, Teresa 265/249/238/140
Diane B.
on 6/21/05 12:40 am - Goodyear, AZ
I am working with Dr. Stephen Gitt at North Valley Plastic Surgery. I was very impressed with both him and his staff. His staff is very good to help with insurance approvals. My daughter is having her breast reduction done on July 14th and they got her approval within 48 hours. For a breast reduction our insurance looked at prior treatment for upper back/neck pain, infections under the folds of the breast, etc. But they didn't require much. I have submitted for an abdominoplasty with hernia repair and I'm still waiting for approval. It's only been a few days but I'm impatient! I will be paying for a breast lift out of pocket but having it done at the same time. No date set yet until we hear back from the insurance. Good luck.
Most Active