Zetacap???????????????

wendyw614
on 6/8/05 4:22 pm - El Mirage, AZ
Has anyone ever tried these pills?? if so do they work?? I thought I might try them while waiting for approval for surgery. Thanks Wendy
Laura B.
on 6/9/05 8:40 pm - Gilbert, AZ
Sorry Wendy, I haven't heard of them. Are they weight loss pills? Laura B
Do-over Girl
on 6/10/05 11:17 am - Tempe, AZ
Since I'm a librarian by trade and do research for a living...I thought I would do a little checking on Zetacap since I hadn't heard of it. Primarily it is a fiber adding/bulk product/laxative and does nothing to compare it to gastric bypass as their ads claim. Here is some other information since when a product is vague and hazy about what's actually in it...drop the package, run the other way and ask your doctor! :- 0 This is what I found on one of the better Q & A sites about the product: What they didn't tell you about Zetacap Q. What do you think of Zetacap? A. According to the offical website, "Zetacap? works the same way as gastric bypass surgery but instead of blocking the stomach with a staple, it fills the stomach with a natural balloon that makes it virtually impossible to eat! You will feel full all the time. You just can't eat!" The idea is that you take one to two Zetacap? capsules before any meal along with a glass of water. The ingredients in Zetacap? are supposed to absorb the water and form a "blocking gel" inside your stomach. This is supposed to make you feel like you've just eaten a big meal. Here's a list of the ingredients: Xanthan Gum, Chinese Red Ginseng Root, Astragalus Root, Cayenne Fruit, Echinacea Whole Plant, Fo Ti Root, Golden Seal Root, Guarana Seed, Panax Ginseng Root & Extract and Siberian Ginseng Root The main ingredient, xanthan gum, is usually added to meal replacement drinks and supplements (such as Myoplex® or Slim-Fast®) to make them thicker and leave you feeling fuller for longer. It might help to curb your hunger a little, but I haven't seen any evidence to show that xanthan gum will cause your stomach to shrink, or change your eating habits permanently. There is research to show that some types of ginseng can help to lower blood sugar levels. But herbal supplements are poorly regulated and standardized. There's no guarantee that other products will work as well as those used in the studies. And this is only single-ingredient research. Single-ingredient research usually consists of data that supports the use of one or more of the ingredients found in a supplement. Single-ingredient research usually tells you whether there's a theoretical basis on which a product is based, and provides basic evidence that the product in question affects weight loss. Although single-ingredient research is useful, it's certainly not as relevant as product specific-research. Product-specific research involves finding out how ingredients work when they're combined in a single supplement. I have seen no product-specific research to show that Zetacap? actually works, is safe, or even contains what it's supposed to. The bottom line is that I have a hard time believing any of the claims made for this product. If the stuff really worked so well (it claims to have a "92% success rate") pharmaceutical companies would not be spending billions in the search for a drug to "treat" obesity. Zetacap? is certainly not a supplement I would use or recommend.
Most Active