OMG I am approved!!

Gabrielle
on 5/20/05 1:49 am - Chester, VA
I just got a call from UHC and I am now approved!! I am in shock, I can't believe it happened so quickly after being given the denial yesterday. Apparently the person who was helping me went back to the medical director and pointed out the correct information, and they decided to approve me. Thanks to everyone for all your support and for listening to me rant. Now to get a date...
cynthia E.
on 5/20/05 1:54 am - buckeye, AZ
You go girl..... How exciting..... Glad to hear it finally worked out. Cynthia
oldpolly1
on 5/20/05 2:27 am - Gold Canyon, AZ
Yiiiiipppppppppeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Bonnie B
tres35cowgirl8
on 5/20/05 2:39 am - * _ *, AZ
What great news, I am so happy for ya!!!! Let us know your date
Gabrielle
on 5/20/05 2:43 am - Chester, VA
Thanks everybody!! I am waiting for a call back from Scottsdale Bariatric Center... then I'll get to talk to my bosses about when I'll be off. That should be interesting. I am not telling them about the WLS - one of my bosses is a fitness nut, the guy looks 10 years younger than he is, and I just don't want to hear his opinion on this. I'm just going to tell them that I'm having my gall bladder removed. After the surgery I'll probably feel more comfortable about telling them the whole story.
Stephanie J.
on 5/20/05 4:51 am - Tucson, AZ
Contratulations!!!! Isn't it a pain that this this surgery still has to be done sometimes under cover of a lie? It's just another one of the indicators of all the social baggage that gets laid on us for having this disease. I was a social pariah due to the weight in many circles before having this surgery. Now that I've got a 140 pound frame, I'm almost considered a hero in the same circles. And the irony is that neither assessment really fits at all. I always compare this to heart bypass surgery. The guy that gets the bypass doesn't get blamed for getting himself in that predicament in the first place or praised when he gets a surgery done that gets him back on his feet. And no one would DARE armchair quarterback his decision to get his life saved through surgery, even though the surgery has just as much risk as ours does (probably a little more, actually). It would seem ridiculous in that context and is just as ridiculous in ours. Yet so many people buy in to all the weight loss mythology. Good luck in navigating the hurdles, anyway. Sounds like you're doing a good job so far and a whole new quality of life truly awaits you. - Stephanie J
Gabrielle
on 5/22/05 6:56 am - Chester, VA
Thanks. I agree, it is really sad that our society has chosen to view obesity as a personal problem rather than a disease.
Sheryl Tilley
on 5/20/05 3:05 am - Prescott, AZ
So happy for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You're almost there! Hugs! Sheryl
Brandy H
on 5/20/05 7:52 am - Glendale, AZ
yay! too bad we aren't having surgery in the same hospital....we could have been roomies!! but congrats none the less...maybe we will have surgery around the same time!
Stephanie J.
on 5/20/05 12:18 pm - Tucson, AZ
One thing's for sure. You and Sheryl both have Knockout looks even with the extra fat. I can't wait to see what your new pictures look like a year from now! - Stephanie J
Most Active