How Long Were You Off From Work?

Pamela E.
on 5/17/05 8:12 am - Buckeye, AZ
I'm wondering how much time to request off from work after surgery. Obviously, there can be complications, but if all goes well, how long until you were able to return to work?
cynthia E.
on 5/17/05 8:27 am - buckeye, AZ
Hi Pamela; I am also from Buckeye. Everyone on the web site said 2 weeks if they did what they were supposed to without any complications. I decided that would be a good guideline for me. I made sure I followed the instructions to the letter. I walked made sure to get all my protein and rested. I was surprised that I felt good enough to come to work. I worked about 5-6 hours a day the first week back and then 6-7 hours the following week. After that I was able to work the entire day. Since I do live in Buckey and work in Tempe. I had to make sure I was able to drive home in the afternoon. I am an accountant so I have a desk job and my fellow employee's watched out for me. You know your body and when you feel good or bad. Don't push yourself to much. Pay attention to your body. It has alot of changes to make. Hope this helps! When is your surgery? Cynthia
tres35cowgirl8
on 5/17/05 3:49 pm - * _ *, AZ
Depends on what type of surgery, what kind of work you do, and what your Dr. wants. I would think 2-4 weeks
Sandy in Tucson
on 5/18/05 10:13 am - Tucson, AZ
I was off 8 weeks with disability pay....open RNY.....I drive school bus. Plus, I got two bad staph infections in incision at 7 weeks out, so I got even more time off. I could of gotten more time off since I was still sick when I went back to work, but I needed a full pay check. Sandy 340/240/150
Most Active