Help? Im new......and apparently lost........

Learning2LuvMe
on 5/14/05 2:31 pm - Phoenix, az
Hello everyone! Please excuse my naivity! How do I find out where there are support groups? I am dying to meet other people and to share what is going on through this whole process. I have also heard about some clothing exchanges and would love to donate! Please email me, let me know.........I would love to be more active in the Phx area.......Im a great supporter! Keep in touch........
Trisha
on 5/14/05 3:25 pm - Glendale, AZ
Wow, your surgery date is getting close!! How exciting!! Congrats! The only Phoenix support groups right now are through the patient's surgeon's offices/hospitals. There are no "general" Phoenix support groups for everyone. I am going to help change that!! In June we'll have a new Phoenix support group. My goal is to get two locations going (one in North Phoenix, one downtown). There are currently general WLS support groups in Glendale, Chandler, Mesa and I think that is it for the Phoenix Metro area. I know there are some in Tucson and one in Yuma. But all others are closed to ONLY patients of the hospital and their surgeons. (i.e. St. Luke's each month where I had my surgery). If you join up on the Phoenix Support group (http)://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/OHphoenix/) now, you'll be receiving e-mails on meeting info, location and more! Plus you can get to know others in the group before the first meeting. I'll keep this board posted on meetings and location as well. So excited you are here!! Best wishes to you this week on your surgery!! Before you know it, you'll be on the losing side!! Yay!! Hugs, Trisha -56 lbs
Trisha
on 5/14/05 3:26 pm - Glendale, AZ
Oh, also forgot to mention the clothing exchanges. At the Phoenix support group meeting, we'll have a clothing exchange every other month. Yay!! They are bunches of fun!! More info on that coming soon too!! Hugs, Trisha -56 lbs
MsT
on 5/14/05 11:47 pm - Rio Rancho, NM
I'm new and can't help much either but wanted to just send my support and prayers. My surgery is scheduled for May 23 at the Barix Clinics. I live in New Mexico but am going to AZ for the surgery!! I'll be in Scottsdale for 2 1/2 weeks. Good luck to us both!! Theresa
Trisha
on 5/16/05 3:44 pm - Glendale, AZ
Oh wow!! Long commute, but very worth it. I have two friends that had theirs done at Barix clinics. One was a patient of Eric Schlesingers and the other was Thomas Batay-Corba. Both had NO complications and are over a year out now and have lost over 100 lbs each. They LOVED their surgeons and the hospital and the nurses. Best wishes to you!! Hugs, Trisha
Christopher3296
on 5/15/05 3:10 am - Mesa, AZ
Hi Carrie! I just moved to Mesa about 2 months ago, and I have met some great people here. A friend that I have met took me to her support group meeting, it was at Banner Mesa Medical Center off of Country Club Drive. You don't have to have had your surgery there, they are a great group of people, They meet the first and third Thursday of every month. Let me know if you are interested. Feel free to e-mail me at anytime. Laura Christopher
Most Active