Popcorn

Trisha
on 5/12/05 6:24 am - Glendale, AZ
I'm over 2 months out. Is it safe for me to have popcorn - like at the movies - now? I'm tolerating corn chips/tortillas okay.
Bud E.
on 5/12/05 1:36 pm - Maricopa, AZ
Well, the "standard" response would simply to ask your doctor / nutritionist. Personally, I had popcorn after about 1 month out. I order a small w/o butter and eat about 1/3 of it over the 1.5 hr movie. Is this grazing? Probably, but my own guidelines were to keep "on-track" 80% of the time and I only indulge in going to the movies about once or twice a month, so I have no guilt over it If you do try it, be sure to chew, chew, chew!! -Bud
Randi D.
on 5/13/05 4:07 pm - Peoria, AZ
Trisha, I love popcorn. I was eating it when I was about 2 months out. I now have the hot air with the pam butter spray with molly mcbutter's cheese powder. It's good because it tastes like you're eating something bad. Randi
AustinTexasMorris
on 5/15/05 5:30 am - austin, TX
I'm eating popcorn now. I was afraid of it at first. No problem, though. Good luck!
Pamela E.
on 5/16/05 8:06 am - Buckeye, AZ
I don't understand why people are so happy to finally be able to eat the foods that made them get so heavy. That scares me. I haven't been approved yet. I'm waiting on my insurance company's response. But if I have GBS, I don't want to be able to eat chips and popcorn, and all of those red flag foods that made me get to where I am today. Is there something wrong with me, besides being afraid of food?
(deactivated member)
on 5/16/05 3:28 pm - Yakima, WA
I sure didn't get heavy eating fiber-filled popcorn...now the tons of butter and parmesan cheese may have contributed to it lol...but just some lightly buttered popcorn gives me lots of fiber and keeps me regular. Chips - ugh - now those I know I got fat on lol.
Most Active