What is your GOAL for WLS?

Trisha
on 5/11/05 4:11 pm - Glendale, AZ
I know we all want/wanted to have WLS to lose weight, but what is another GOAL for having or the desire to have WLS? For me, it's to increase my lifespan and gain better health. I have been such a BIG eater for so long, it's WEIRD eating small now. It's cool though. But now I have to make healthy decisions. Eating all the bad foods will not help me increase my lifespan. So I make wise decisions now and think before I eat. So, what are some of your goals for WLS? Hugs, Trisha -56 lbs
Sheryl Tilley
on 5/12/05 7:53 am - Prescott, AZ
I want to be healthy and active. Right now I am laying and sitting around because my knees hurt so bad. I want to get back doing things with friends and family. Sheryl
oldpolly1
on 5/12/05 12:58 pm - Gold Canyon, AZ
I'm looking forward to being able to hike the Superstitions that I can see from my house. They are so beautiful and I know that there are lots of trails, but I sure can't see my fat b**t climbing it now!!! By fall, though!!! Bonnie B
Bud E.
on 5/12/05 1:42 pm - Maricopa, AZ
Other than living a "normal" life? Well... just plain living, I guess!! At least a few decades longer than I was on track to live before WLS... -Bud
ems1211
on 5/12/05 3:48 pm - Phoenix, AZ
I want to have no more knee and ankle pains. My back will always be an issue since it is broken in 3 places and have 2 herniated discs at this time. I've already had a discectomy & fusion in my cervical spine. Plus being able to play with my Daughter more. Susan
Brandy H
on 5/13/05 12:28 am - Glendale, AZ
#1 no more knee/ankle pain...I love doing hair and I am scared that if I don't get this surgery I will have to cut my career short and #2 CLOTHES!!! I long to go to a clothing store and shop in the "regular sections" and to be able to buy shoes right off the shelf!
turkeybird
on 5/13/05 1:53 am - AZ
For me I want to be able to learn how to ski and go horseback riding. PLay with my son go camping and fishing with him. I also want to be able to buy clothes in a normal store, I want to feel and look healthy. I want to maybe get married some day to a man that I love and not to someone I had to settle for because I was fat and thought I couldn't get anyone else. I want to have another child and this time look the part of a pregnant expectant mom and not just like a fat chick who got fatter. I also want to wear a bathing suit and not be imberresed. Or to go into public with my son and have people thinking how did she have a kid. When I do have another baby I want to wear a baby sling and have my child close to my heart. I want to be able to walk without knee pain and lower back pain due to herniated discs and the weight. But the biggest thing is I want to finally like myself actually learn howto love myself and be happy with what I see in the mirror. I have always belived if you are not happy with your self how can you excpect someone to be happy with you. That is why I have been single now for almost 4 years. Maybe someday.
Gabrielle
on 5/13/05 5:46 am - Chester, VA
Becoming healthier is definitely a goal, but I also just want to feel "normal". I want to be able to buy clothes without having to go the large size section or store. I want to be able to fit in any seat - roller coasters, airplanes, etc. I want to hike, walk, bike - I guess the bottom line is I don't want to be limited by my weight anymore!
sandust1
on 5/14/05 3:56 pm - Glendale, AZ
Hey Gabrielle, I read your profile and I thought you would have said something else? I liked your on your profile! I have a few people I'll be glad to parade by when I'm skinny! We have the same surgeon and same insurance, except I have UHC Choice Plus. I just completed my Psyc testing, nutri eval, consult and I complete my psyc eval on Monday.
Gabrielle
on 5/14/05 4:43 pm - Chester, VA
Eek... I just re-read my profile as I was making some format changes and realized I sounded a bit so I made a few changes and will update some more... Really, I'm much more sane than it sounded. I guess when I answered here I was trying to be more serious... But... I do think all of us who have endured morbid obesity are entitled to some healthy if you know what I mean. Just a little for those who treated us poorly because of our weight. Which surgeon did you have your consult with? I saw Dr. Kieran, who was very sweet. She also did the seminar I went to last year; I don't think I've even seen Dr. Blackstone in all the times I've been to SBC. I have no idea at this point which one of them will be doing my surgery, I guess I'll find out when it's scheduled. I was a bit concerned about the psych eval before I had it, but it was a breeze. Dr. Messer is really nice, as well as being serious eye candy, in my opinion!
Most Active