Not eating much lately

Trisha
on 4/24/05 3:26 pm - Glendale, AZ
The last few days I have been on the go and so busy that I am not eating much. My appetite isn't quite there and my body has rejected some foods . Lovely. I've been drinking TONS of water though and getting in at least one protein bar a day. I'm sick of protein drinks so am taking a break from that for a while. Am tolerating soy chips, ritz chips and chex mix well. Soy chips are great source of protein and good for me, but the ritz chips and chex mix aren't exactly healthy choices. Still, I'm fearing that I am getting malnourished because I've been eating between 400-500 calories a day at most lately. I need more than that. I'm taking my vitamins and such. But I need to eat more. And not empty food like ritz chips. Ugh!! I'm eating pretzel sticks as I type this. I did exercise this weekend. Yay! I moved the lawn yesterday morning and I walked and did callestinics (sp?) tonight for 45 mins. Took a nice cool shower and am going to hit the bed in a few minutes . I had a few people over to create greeting cards (stamping) and also a couple who scrapbooked Saturday. That was so much fun! I scheduled the next one for 6/4. I am now down 46 lbs just short of being 7 weeks out. 4 more pounds to go until I hit the big 5-0!! Yay! I need to eat more though. I'm afraid my body might go in starvation mode and start preserving pounds again. I just wish I could tolerate more meat. I can only eat ground beef and boiled/grilled shrimp right now. I can ONLY have chicken if it's in a chicken salad (mayo, pickle relish, etc.). And I LOVE chicken. Ugh!! So frustrating!
Sheryl Tilley
on 4/24/05 9:23 pm - Prescott, AZ
Hi Trisha! Sounds like you had fun! WOW! Just 4 more pounds until 50. That is so great. I don't know anything about the other stuff since I am such a newbie at this but I send you good vibes. Sheryl
Laura B.
on 4/25/05 1:23 am - Gilbert, AZ
Hang in there Trisha -my little angel () I know you can get past this phase and just remember it is a phase and it will pass hopefully sooner than later. Way to go on the weight loss!! It just seems so impossible to think about a 50 pound weight loss in just a couple of months. Can you eat tuna or the chicken/ham spreads that come in the little jars, maybe add some unflavored protein to them? 'course you could always add a flavored protein to them, oh yes that does sound yummy doesn't it, I've always wondered what a banana flavored tuna sandwich would taste like...NOT!!! I'm very happy that you post because you are going through stuff that I soon will be and it does give me hope that I too will be as successful as you. Later, Laura B Surgery is tomorrow!! Party at St. Lukes - tomorrow night, unknown room number..
Stephanie J.
on 4/26/05 4:28 pm - Tucson, AZ
Hey Trisha, How about some dairy like cottage cheese or string cheese? They're both pretty easy to digest for most of us and have a good protein boost. You're right. 4-500 calories can put you into starvation mode and give you a steroid surge that will stop your weight loss dead in its tracks and make you feel like a nut case. I know because I had a stricture and went through exactly that. I know it's hard, but try your darendest to stay away from the simple carbs like pretzels and ritz. Add in brothy soups, beans if you can tolerate them, and other things that give you some protein value. Also, be sure to get down a whole protein drink in the morning and another before you go to bed. You might also just try grinding meats up in order to get them down. Easy on the mayo, though...There are some very tasty flavored mustards out there you might want to give a try also. As I remember my own experience, you're at a tough stage right now. The tummy still doesn't accept a lot of things and might change its mind on what it accepts with no notice. It's also around the time when a stricture might be showing up if you're gonna be prone to one, so it's something to watch out for. Just to give you a heads up, if eating just becomes more and more difficult and you're throwing up everything but mush and liquids with a lot of phlegm coming up, you may well be getting one. Congratulations on almost 50 pounds. Has your body image started to change yet? I think that's about where I could start looking in the mirror and see the beginnings of the new body peeking through. - Stephanie J
Most Active