HELP... Please... Insurance...

misy71
on 4/22/05 12:28 pm - Gilbert, AZ
What insurance companies in AZ cover WLS??? I'll be moving to the Gilbert area soon, and will have to pick a new health insurance... any idea which ones cover WLS??? Hugs Missy
Laura B.
on 4/22/05 2:24 pm - Gilbert, AZ
I would think that it depends on which company you get hired at. There are so many available and just because one insurance company approves it for one business doesn't mean that another business may cover it as they may have placed an exclusion of WLS in thier policy. I am with United Health and it just so happens that my company is 100% behind the surgery. Good luck with your move. Laura B
misy71
on 4/22/05 3:38 pm - Gilbert, AZ
Thanks... I'm hoping to work for the City of Gilbert... any insite on how they handle WLS or if they exclude it?
Sheryl Tilley
on 4/23/05 12:49 pm - Prescott, AZ
Hi Missy! On the left side of the board there is a blue column. Read down about half way and you'll come to 'Other Message Boards'. Just about an inch and a half above that you'll find 'Insurers'. Go to that and click around. Somewhere I read that if you work for the city of Gilbert, theirs does include WLS. Sheryl
Trisha
on 4/24/05 7:49 am - Glendale, AZ
I have Aetna and they covered it, HOWEVER, as of 6/1/05 my employers policy will EXCLUDE weight loss surgery. They say that LOTS of employers are EXLCUDING that surgery type on their policies. So it's best to check with your employer. However if it's a small company and you don't want your manager and others knowing about your surgery before you get approved (which I didn't) you can call the insurance company BEFORE you get hired and ask if that employer has an exclusion on their policy for weight loss surgeries and when does it/did it go into effect? Gilbert is a nice area, especially if you have kids. Good schools. Good home values, Gilbert is BOOMING!! I'm about 50 miles northwest from Gilbert in Glendale, but I have some former co-workers and bosses that live out there. Plus I pass by there each year for Schnepf's peach festival in Queen Creek!!
Wendella
on 4/29/05 8:13 am - Mesa, AZ
Hello I live on the Mesa Gilbert Boarder. I wanted to let you know that as of last year all state insurance policies were not covering it. They stopped as of 10-1-04. I only know this b/c I went to one of Dr. Blackstones supposrt groups last year about this time and all state employees were racing to get everything done in time. So definiely call all your choices. Mine stopped covering it as of 1-1-05 but since I started prior to meet their requests I was just granted my surgery about 2 weeks ago. my date is 5-19! Good Luck!
Most Active