Need support group in Kingman

Jean C.
on 4/12/05 12:27 pm
I've been in Kingman for 18 mos and I am pretty desperate for a support group, either in person or on the net. Any help?
Trisha
on 4/12/05 3:54 pm - Glendale, AZ
Well, you got the online part done! We are here!! I live in the Phoenix area so not sure about the Kingman area - I'm sure there are some out there. Try calling the different hospitals in the area and asking if they have any weight loss support groups meeting there or a bariatric program that they can transfer you to on the phone to get more information. See if that works. Welcome aBOARD! Glad you are here!! Wow! You had surgery 4 years ago!! That is awesome!! I wish more people that far out would post on here! Tell us a little about yourself! I'd LOVE to hear your story!! Glad you are here!
GerrAnn
on 4/13/05 8:36 am - Lake Havasu City/Boise, Id, AZ
Hey Jean I say good luck finding a support group in your area.I know that there is one in Bullhead City, I don't have the info on it but could get some for you if that one would interest you. I do think they are supported by a local doctor in the area who does the surgery.. We have also started up a group in the last 4 weeks here in LHC. There is no support from a medical or educational staff on WLS. We do have people working on that in this area.. Because they don't preform WLS surgery in the area, it has been difficult. But the support of each other has helped in this journey. Let me know if I can help you. GerrAnn 244/206
Jean C.
on 4/17/05 3:01 pm
Thanks for your reply. BHC and/or LHC are equadistant for me so a group in either place would be great. Any info you could forward would be appreiciated. Surgery was tough, but post op has been hell. I could really use some support. Thanks again Jean
Paula Prichard
on 4/13/05 9:19 am - Kingman, AZ
I just moved to Kingman this year. Not too much out here, but I'm here if you want to chitchat.
Janette
on 4/17/05 3:12 pm - Peoria, AZ
Hi Jean....I just got home today from Kingman as my family lives there...I moved to Peoria yrs ago. My sister said she has seen in the Kingman paper and we went thru it but could find nothing. She called the hospital as she has been a diettary supervisor there for 25 yrs and the dietician she talked to is going to ask around and see what she can find out. My sister will call me if she gets any info. She has worked with a few people at the hospital who have had WLS but she is retired now so does not see them. Will email you if I find out anything, Good Luck.. Janette RNY 7-13-04 363/203 -160 lbs
Most Active