Does anyone have Dr. Newhoff?

Steffani35
on 4/10/05 1:44 pm - Sierra Vista, AZ
Hi, I am having surgery on Tuesday 4/12/05. My Dr. is Dr. Newhoff. Surgery will be at Good Sam. Does anyone here have Dr. Newhoff? Has anyone had the surgery at Good Sam.? Just trying to gather all information possible. Wish me luck!!!! Stephanie
Trisha
on 4/10/05 1:56 pm - Glendale, AZ
Yay!! Surgery is less than 2 days away! How exciting!! I wish you all the best and pray everything goes smoothly!! Dr. Newhoff has a patient forum if you'd like to check it out. www.obesityhelp.com/morbidobesity/forums/messageboard.php?ID=TR-k149 or www.obesityhelp.com/morbidobesity/bariatric+surgeon+profile+Alan+Newhoff+mg.html (this has patient comments on Dr. Newhoff at bottom of page).
Trisha
on 4/10/05 2:10 pm - Glendale, AZ
Also, my mom had surgery at Good Sam 3 months ago. Here's some helpful info. If you have a roommate - ask nurse to provide earphones for both of you for your TV's that way there is not a TV war going on and you won't bother each other if one is trying to rest and the other wants to watch TV. Most patients do not know about the earphones and they make your stay more pleasant if both roommates use them. For visitors - do not park in the parking garage by the entrance. The first 2 hours are free but after that they charge - which is ludicrous! Instead, have them use VALET parking - it's complimentary and free! And if visitors are there after 7pm when Valet closes, they can get their key and claim ticket from the receptionist by front door. Also, have the receptionist have the courtesy shuttle (Good Samaritan Minivan) come and pick you up and take you to your vehicle. If visitors arrive AFTER 7pm, they can park ANYWHERE - like when they pull in, turn RIGHT to the Surgery/Outpatient/Breast Cancer center parking lot. They are closed, and lot is FREE. so park anywhere and walk to front door. Tell guests to avoid parking garage because they charge after 2 hours. Insane I know. So have them park anywhere after 7pm, their car will be safe and fine and not be towed. My mom was in hospital for a week there with hip replacement surgery 3 months ago and I got to learn all the ins and the outs. Oh, pay attention when they wheel you to the patient discharge area when you leave. It's like a maze. They don't discharge patients in the front - it's in the back off of Willetta street. It's insane. You think walking from the entrance to the patient tower was a long walk, you should see the walk from your room to the patient discharge area. It's hilariously insanely long!! Also, when it's time for you to go home, have whoever is taking you home, pull up in front to valet and tell the valet guy that they are picking up a patient/discharge. They will drive the vehicle to the patient discharge area and there is a valet guy in the patient discharge area iwth your key and ticket. He pulls car up for you and nurse wheels you out. One more thing, if you have a lot of stuff (flowers, bags, etc.) ask for a transport cart. It's great!!! Have everythign put on there and have whoever is taking you home push that cart and nurse pushes you. Hope this helps!!
Apostolic G.
on 4/10/05 5:48 pm - AZ
Hi, I had Dr. Newhoff. and surgery at Good Sam. Every thing went great for me with no complaints. I wish you the best with your surgery.
HarleyGirl
on 4/11/05 3:34 am - Maricopa, AZ
Hi there! So you are the reason my 1 yr appt was moved to a later time tomorrow! Seriously, good luck to you tomorrow. I had Dr. Newhoff and think he is great. No nonsense kind of guy when you first meet him, but after that he has a great sense of humor. I will tell you be sure and walk, he is serious about that more than anything. It may take you a moment to get going but once you start it almost became addicting for me. I didn't want clots and didn't like to cough, but walking helps with that. Don't be shocked when he asks you to remove your own cover up bandage. It's not that bad. And when he say's cough do a good one, and use your breathing thing they give you. Don't be afraid to use the med pump they give you, it is regulated so that you don't take too much. I took a hit about 10 minutes before walking to take the edge off. On a personal note, I took baby wipes to freshen up during the day, and a button up the front "granny type duster" to wear instead of the hospital stuff. Chapstick or lip gloss to keep from getting dry. I also took several cat naps during the day, it makes a difference. Sorry I've rattled on but I am excited for you and wish you will on your journey! Paula Open 4/1/04 330/200/ healthy
Most Active