Tucson postings

skybluuh2626
on 3/21/05 5:36 am - Tucson, AZ
Hi anyone here in Tucson that would like to share their story about who there doc was and stuff. I love all the posts they are so informative thanks and good luck to anyone on this journey JULES
Stephanie J.
on 3/21/05 10:27 am - Tucson, AZ
Hi Jules, I had the surgery done in Phoenix about a year ago and am now down 140 pounds to half the size I was when I started. Doctor Juarez did my surgery. I wouldn't have gone all the way to Phoenix for it, but the local guys here in Tucson (Chaisson), weren't covered by my insurance. It's not a tea party the first couple of months, but the pay off is huge. I couldn't be more delighted with my health right now. Did you know there's a support group in Tucson? If you want to hear the stories of other locals, they meet twice a month, once on the east side and once on the north side. Let me know if you need more details. - Stephanie J
Trisha
on 3/21/05 10:38 am - Glendale, AZ
There are a LOT of Tucson folks that use Dr. Fang or Dr. Juarez here in Phoenix (St. Luke's hospital) due to insurance. I had Dr. Daniel Fang and he is great. He's not as booked as Dr. Juarez and can get you in sooner. His bedside manner rocks! I love him! He also did an awesome job in surgery. It only hurt to turn over in bed and get up and down, that's it. After I was home a few days, pain was gone. I stopped taking pain meds because I was no longer in pain. I felt like i could've gone back to work a week after surgery - I felt THAT great!!! The Bridges Center at St. Luke's has support groups ALL OVER ARIZONA - well Phoenix, Mesa, Chandler, Tucson and I think Flagstaff - so no matter where you are - you are not alone. Their dietician also has a TOLL FREE number you can call pre-op/post-op for any food/drink questions. She's great!! Here's link for more info and to get started: http://www.stlukesmedcenter.com/second/services/bridges.htm
Most Active