I need shake ideas for my new book..

rron999
on 3/20/05 10:15 am - Victorville, CA
Hi everyone, I have been posting mainly on the december 2004 board, and I totally forgot about my friends here. And you all live in arizona too..any way. if you have any wild, crazy,different,tasty or just some shake idea that would be helpful for other WLS patients please let me know so i can put it in my book. My book is going to be free to all WLS patients. Please help me..I will be posting here everyday ok?.thanks...God bless you all..Ron in Yuma,AZ
Rosalie S.
on 3/20/05 4:11 pm - Phoenix, AZ
What I use is not a shake but I like it better. Rocamojo coffee substitute. It is made from soy beans. One cup has 13 grams of protein, 60 calories, 0 fat, decaffinated, 6% Calcium, 25% Riboflavin, 10% Iron, 25% Niacin, 0 sugar, 6% dietary fiber, 0 sodium, 0 cholestrol, and costs less than protein shakes. You can find it on the internet under Rocamojo Coffee. Forgot to look up web site before I posted this. Look forward to your book.
Trisha
on 3/20/05 4:37 pm - Glendale, AZ
Okay, I'll let you know. How soon do you ned them? That's great that you are going to compile everything and organize it in a book and give out for free to WLS patients. We need that! Yesterday I took a body 4 life vanillla drink and I put it in the blender with 2 TSBP peanut butter, 1 tsp vanilla and a dash or so of Splenda. Also added a few ice cubes to make it thicker. It was a mild, but oh so wonderful, peanut butter protein shake!! Yay! As I create more I'll send you some. Thank, Ron! Also, nice new pic! I like it!
Marilyn C.
on 3/20/05 11:54 pm - Bullhead City, AZ
My Doc, doesn't want us to get hooked on them, so I don't use them very often. He wants us to get our protein from real food. Sorry, I would help you out, if I could. Marilyn, the Bearlady
Cat P.
on 3/21/05 8:27 am - Phoenix, AZ
Hi Ron, Well it's not a shake idea, but it is WLS. I take a package of sugar free cheesecake pudding, add 2 cups low - fat ricotta and a couple of envelopes of splenda and about a teaspoon of fresh grated lemon rind. Taste a lot like cheesecake and it goes down in the morning. Good luck to you.
Kim R.
on 3/22/05 9:59 am - Peoria, AZ
Hey Ron, I take the easy way out and buy the pre-made Atkins chocolate shakes. My surgeon gave me a book with lots of shake recipes but I've never tried them. Good luck to you and your book. I look forward to reading it! Kim R/az Open Rny 1/26/04
Janette
on 3/23/05 12:19 am - Peoria, AZ
Hi Ron..I use 3 different protein drinks and have since the beginning. I never ever miss my protein drink in the morning. I tried differnt ones and I have 3 favorites, I buy the costco whey protein (only $20) for a large tub. I mix the vanilla 1 1/2 scoops with whatever crystal lite I have made @ 12 ozs, add ice and suger free vanilla syrup and mix in the blender. The chocolate I add same amt protein with 12 ozs water, sf vanilla syrup add ice and blend. the new one I just bought this week is Nectar ice tea..didnt like it with water so the next day I made it with crystal lite raspberry ice again 12 ozs, ice, 1 1/2 scoops and blended...no sf vanilla. all of these are pretty good. Hope that helps. I use the advantedge "portable" drinks if I am going to be on the road. Janette RNY 7-13-04 363/210 -153 lbs
Most Active