Phoenix Area Flea Markets?

Trisha
on 3/18/05 2:52 pm - Glendale, AZ
I was watching Find & Design (I think it's called) on A&E today and LOVE that show!! Basically a designer goes with a couple or person to garage sales and then a flea market, they buy some good finds and then she puts it all together in one specific room in their house. And everything looks so new and fresh! Anyway, seeing the finds at the flea market made me want to go to one! Is there one in the Phoenix/Glendale area? I'm sure we have some. I know there's a Phoenix Swap mart or something on I-17/Camelback, but are there any others, like outdoor kinds? Also are they free? Is parking free? Thanks for any help you can give!
Michael R.
on 3/18/05 3:30 pm - Phoenix, AZ
Glendale 9 Drive-up Theaters (55th Ave/Bethany Home Rd, outdoor), Phoenix Greyhound Park (44th ST/Washington, outdoor) El Mercado (35th Ave/Buckeye Rd, outdoor) are a few that I can think of. All of these are Saturday and Sunday, with the possibility that El Mercado is not open Sundays. I hope this helps.
Arizona_Sun
on 3/18/05 10:23 pm - Gilbert, AZ
Mesa Market is at 10550 E. Baseline Road. That is east of Crismon Road and west of Signal Butte Road on Baseline. I hear it is a great indoor place to shop. It is on my list of things to do. Also, that it is best to go prepared to do a lot of walking and to make sure you note where you park your car. Sandy
Do-over Girl
on 3/19/05 12:20 am - Tempe, AZ
The one in Glendale is the most affordable and is what my sister always want to "hit" when they come to town to visit. And is the closest to a "true flea market" . A good suggestion would be to take a child's wagon if you have one or rolling cart so you don't have to go back and forth to your car with purchases, a fanny pack and bottled water.
Laura B.
on 3/19/05 12:55 am - Gilbert, AZ
I go to the one in east Mesa. It's all under tents which blocks the direct sun and they have a mister system going when it gets hot out. Lots of stuff there, everything from dried fruit and nuts to portable hot tubs. My 9 year old likes walking through there as long as we stop to look at stuffed animals and gadgets. If the weather stays like this tomorrow that's where I think we are going to go. I agree with one of the posts when she said to bring a wagon and be prepared to walk and walk and walk and walk. Seriously you don't think too much about it but really pay attention where you park because after a while one booth starts looking like the next and it can play with your mind, especially when you've been shopping for 3 hours and you're tired. Laura
Patty T.
on 3/19/05 1:02 am - Sunny, AZ
Hi Trisha, Another great place to find stuff is at Goodwill & Savers. I have found some really great stuff to decorate with, and the prices are cheap! It's great to go on rainy days too.
tres35cowgirl8
on 3/19/05 1:59 am - * _ *, AZ
Yard sales is another great way to go! I went yesturday morning! I too also go to savers and goodwill. I havent been to flea markets in a long time, but now that I can walk I will go with hubby when he gets off the road.
oldpolly1
on 3/20/05 7:05 am - Gold Canyon, AZ
I go to the one in Mesa, but it's not really a true flea market, in that it's all new stuff. There's lots of cheap luggage, t-shirts, southwest stuff, cheap tools, purses, etc. Lots of fun to go, though, and the prices are good. Only open Fri, Sat and Sun. There are also several antique malls in Apache Junction, two on the corner of Apache Trail and Idaho Rd. Great stuff here! Have fun!
Most Active