Tired of "full liquids"

Trisha
on 3/18/05 2:44 pm - Glendale, AZ
Okay, I'm 10 days post-op and am SOOOOO tired of full liquids. I have 10 more days to go until I have pureed/soft foods. I can't WAIT until then. How can I go 10 more days???? Ugh!! Anyone post-ops have some advice on how to shake things up on the full liquid phase?
Arizona_Sun
on 3/18/05 10:37 pm - Gilbert, AZ
It has been awhile. As I remember I just endured it and counted down the days until real stuff could pass my lips. I did not cheat though and follow the surgeon's rules completely throughout my whole healing phase. I did a lot of protein shakes and really liked them during this phase with crushed ice so that they were thicker like a Wendy's shake. I also did the approved soups in a blender and drank. Sandy
Laura B.
on 3/19/05 12:46 am - Gilbert, AZ
Hang in their Trisha you can do it. Keep saying to yourself, it's only 10 days, it's only 10 days, it's only 10 days. Then before you know it, it's only 9 days. I am so proud of you! Did you order any of the sample packets of protein from VitaLady or Bariatric eating? I had ordered some about a month ago and I've been drinking at least one during the day and I'm really enjoying them. My fav's are strawberry and banana. I also enjoy the vanilla with some of the sugar free syrups added. The chocolate is a little rich so watch out for that. Hopefully I will be where you're at soon. Keep on following the doctors orders, the full liquid part will be over soon. Take care, Laura
Most Active