New to Arizona

Michele M.
on 2/15/05 11:42 pm - Phoenix, AZ
RNY on 07/21/04 with
Hiyas! I posted over on the main board about how I'm at a loss as to how to find friends. A few people suggested that I post over here on the Arizona board. We just moved to Arizona at the beginning of January, WAY out in the southwest valley in a tiny little town called Buckeye. So here I am, new to the area, don't know anyone, and I'm feeling kind of lonely. Would also love to find someone near by to go walking with. Michele
brinkman_d
on 2/15/05 11:55 pm - Chandler, AZ
Welcome to AZ, Michelle. I'm over in Chandler. If you get to the big city much, we can do lunch and I can show you a beautiful park for walking and feeding ducks. Also, maybe we can check out the local support group. I haven't been yet. You can reach me at [email protected] and I can share phone numbers and stuff there.
Michele M.
on 2/16/05 12:43 am - Phoenix, AZ
RNY on 07/21/04 with
Great! You will have mail soon =) Michele
cynthia E.
on 2/16/05 3:27 am - buckeye, AZ
Hi Michele; I also live in Buckeye. I live in what is called rainbow valley. I am 3 months post op. Walking sounds great! Do you have pets? There is a new dog park in Goodyear off the 85. We also have several schools that we can walk around. Email me anytime. [email protected] Welcome to Buckeye, Cynthia
Michele M.
on 2/16/05 8:44 am - Phoenix, AZ
RNY on 07/21/04 with
Thanks Cynthia You have mail! Michele
GretchenL
on 2/16/05 11:18 am - Lakeside, AZ
Welcome to Arizona. You will find this is a wonderful place to live. Within a few hours you can drive north to the mountains skiing in the winter fishing in the summer or drive a few hours south you can be on the beach in Mexico. We feel it is God's country. Unfortunately I don't live in the valley so I am not available to walk with you but just wanted to welcome you. Gretchen
(deactivated member)
on 2/16/05 10:51 pm - phoenix, AZ
welcoming you and your family to az im sure your hubby will love it here ,,great place to live >born and raised here.i live in north central phoenix by deer vally airport. best of luck. chris
yoyomama
on 2/18/05 9:49 am - Ft.Thomas, AZ
Welcome to Arizona! I live in the southeastern part of Az. in a wide spot in the road between Globe and Safford. I have lived in AZ most of my life and love it, though I would like to travel. Best of luck.
Trisha
on 2/19/05 4:08 pm - Glendale, AZ
Welcome, aBOARD, Michele! I tell ya, no need to feel lonely. We are all here with you, and are so glad you posted! Welcome to Arizona. You moved here at a great time - before the horrid summers!! It's sure raining a lot here though right now, which isn't too normal for the desert - but I sure am loving it! I'm in the North Phoenix area so am not near Buckeye, but feel free to write me anytime! You should come to the Obesity Help convention on Sat 2/26!!! They will be in Phoenix off I-17/Greenway. You will see link for it posted by Bo McCoy towards top of this message board. Click link and get info.
Most Active