Surgery is scheduled for Feb 17th 2005

Randall H.
on 2/14/05 1:15 pm - Chandler, AZ
I am scheduled for gastric bypass surgery (Lap RNY) on Feb 17th. My doctor is Hilario Juarez. I was approved for my surgery by Aetna. I feel so lucky to have been approved since so many of the insurance companies are not covering the surgery anymore. I, like many of you, having tried for so many years to lose weight just to see it return with extra pounds decided that surgery was my only chance for a normal life. I have made a commitment to make this work. I have the help and support of my lovely wife. I don't post to websites, but I feel this a commitment that has to be made publicly. I don't feel uneasy about the surgery and I'm looking forward to my WLS journey.
Trisha
on 2/14/05 2:46 pm - Glendale, AZ
Congrats, Randall!!! Do you have an "angel" on board to give us updates on you while you are in the hospital? Please let us know how surgery goes! Congrats!! I'll be praying for you. I just got approved today, so will be scheduling surgery soon with Dr. Juarez as well. I also have Aetna. When did you schedule your surgery? How far out was it? I'll be calling tomorrow afternoon (hopefully by then they have my approval letter faxed to them from Aetna) and I hope I can get in by early March. Not sure though. Anyway, enough about me! Congrats to you and I wish you the best! You are starting a new chapter in your life, and this surgery is going to change your life for the better!!!!! Keep us posted! Trisha in Glendale
Stephanie J.
on 2/14/05 11:41 pm - Tucson, AZ
Congratulations to you both! You are definitely about to get your lives given back to you on a silver platter. It may not feel quite like a silver platter the first couple of months, but have faith, the next months after that will be a honeymoon like you've never been on before! It's very exciting to know what a change is ahead for both of you, since I've had that experience myself. Good luck! - Stephanie J (down 130 lbs -10 months today)
cynthia E.
on 2/16/05 3:51 am - buckeye, AZ
Trisha; I also had dr. Juarez. Once you get your approval. The surgery date will be about 30 days from there. (Dr. Juarez is really busy) They will set you up for your pre-opt testing. It will take up alot of that day. You are required to have a cardiac clearance. That will take some time. I would get that started right away. Keep calling because these girls are so busy that they sometimes don't call back. I was there this morning and it was crazy @ 8am. I am almost 3 months post op. I have been having problems with my gallbladder. I will be having surgery next week. Dr. Juarez is so busy that DR. Fang will doing the surgery. Hope this helps. Good luck Cynthia
GretchenL
on 2/15/05 11:12 am - Lakeside, AZ
Randall, Congratulations on your surgery date. I will keep you in my prayers. Let us know how you are recovering. Gretchen
cynthia E.
on 2/16/05 3:46 am - buckeye, AZ
Randall Congratulations on your up coming surgery. I am almost 3 months post op. Dr. Juarez was also my surgeon. Him and his PA's have been real nice. Glad to hear you have a support person at home. It makes a world of difference. This website has been most helpful.. Not only to answer questions but just to read and see that other people are going through the exact same thing. We are not alone in going through this process. Good luck! Cynthia 260/220
Randall H.
on 2/16/05 7:59 pm - Chandler, AZ
Well it's 4:55am and I'm off to the hospital. Thanks for all your support. I will be back online soon to give you an update.
Most Active