approval from Aetna???

Shelly F.
on 2/8/05 4:48 am - Queen Creek, AZ
Does anyone have any spectacular ideas on how to get an approval from Aetna HMO? I have had lots of luck getting DENIAL letters, but unfortunately, that is not what I am looking for!! Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks, Shelly
sandust1
on 2/8/05 5:59 am - Glendale, AZ
Hi Shelly, One of my friends is with Aetna and she is having problems getting aproved, also. Seems Aetna makes you jump through a lot of hoops. I on the other hand have United Health Care and they only want you to have a BMI of 40 or greater. I would suggest you try UHC, your husbands insurance. Hope this helps. Sandy
Trisha
on 2/8/05 1:20 pm - Glendale, AZ
I was denied by Aetna but it was the insurance rep's fault from the surgeon's office for not submitting the data right. So I'm currently appealing it. This is what Aetna HMO REQUIRES: 1. 35+ BMI WITH co-morbidities or 40+ BMI with no-comorbidities 2. 5 years of medical records showing weight each of the 5+years and you must have had a BMI of 35+ on each of those years AND doctor must have written "obesity, obese or morbid obesity" somewhere on their notes. 3. 6+ months physician supervised weight loss including exercise (weigh****chers, atkins, etc. doesn't count) 4. Pscyh consult & clearance 5. Letter of support for surgery from your doctor Aetna makes you jump through so many hoops to get approved and you must meet EVERY one of their criteria and if even ONE page is missing, it's over, finito, denied. So you must make sure you are very thourough in all your documentation and keep on Aetna to see how your case is going. I have a feeling I'll get approved this time, because it was the incompetence of the insurance clerk at Dr. Juarez's office that cost me a denial - I forgive her but it's hard!!!! Hang in there! Don't give up!! Us Aetna insured need to stick together! Trisha in Glendale
BROWN_EYESEXY
on 1/26/07 11:34 am - Fridley , MN
thanks this info helped me out ! Peggy mn
Most Active