losing a friend

Kathy P.
on 1/8/05 12:01 am - AZ
I was shocked yesterday after finding out a fellow support group member had passed away. She had the surgery about two months ago. She had a few minor problems in the begining but nothing major. We talked on tuesday and she said Im finally feeling good and good about what I did. Then I get phone call on friday from her mother and find out she passed away on thursday morning. We will probably never know if it was due this surgery or not but it makes you stop think you need to research before doing it. Im glad I did it. Its not easy but Im in better health. Please remember her family in there time of need she left behind an 8yr old little boy and a loving husband and mother. She was only 35. Thanks again Kathy
sgirl
on 1/9/05 1:28 am - tucson, AZ
These are the kinds of things we never want to hear about. I was looking at the Memorial Page about a week ago, and just sat and cried by myself. It really made me think what could have been done differently, or was it a skilled doctor. So many of these things go through our minds at this particular time. I'm sorry to hear about your friend. My thoughts and prayers are with you and her friends and family. Did her parents say what the cause of death was? I'm sorry if that seems rude, please forgive me, I was just wondering, I'm sure others are as well. Again, sorry.
Clara W.
on 1/11/05 12:00 am - Benson, AZ
Kathy, As you said we all need to make that decision for ourselves. I think that your friend wanted to be there for her family and she was so excited about being able to do things she couldn't do before. I am surprised everyday by the things that happen in our lives. Just think of the wonderful things in your life. And be grateful for having her as a friend. Just think of all the things that they wouldn't have found if we had not lost the weight. Our prayers are with you and her family. Clara
Most Active