Please sign Eileen's card

Arizona_Sun
on 1/5/05 10:27 am - Gilbert, AZ
Eileen Lebut is having her surgery on the 11th. I am her angel and trying to get her card signed a bit early because I am having my gallbladder out on the 12th and would like to take her the card when I see her before her surgery. http://www.obesityhelp.com/morbidobesity/status.phtml?N=L1077399991 Thank you. Sandra
cindy
on 1/5/05 2:40 pm - Mesa, az
Sandra, I just signed her card. Also, wishing you a safe gallbladder surgery. I have my Pannecetomy at Scottsdale Healthcare on February 7th. Surgery two - after that only my arms to go......lol..... Cindy Smith Open RNY 8-6-03 -174 lbs BR 8-4-04
Kim R.
on 1/7/05 12:56 am - Peoria, AZ
Hi Sandra! Just wanted to say hi and see how you are doing. I'm surprised that Dr. S. did not remove you gallbladder at the time of your G/B. I was under the impression they automatically did that. How is everything going for you? I am 9 lbs from my goal weight of 130 lbs. and very happy. I am wishing desperatley for ps, but unfortunately my insurance will not pay for it. I think if I could get a tt, arms and thighs done I'd be at goal. Keep in touch and let me know how you are! Kim R/az
Arizona_Sun
on 1/7/05 1:10 am - Gilbert, AZ
I still have 30-50 pounds to lose. I am down 91 from surgery. Dr S does not automatically remove the GB. I had my appendix rupture on November 1 and now the gallbladder. So my progress has been slower than I would have liked in the weight loss department because you have to move to lose and I have not felt much like moving much of the last 9 months. I do not plan on any ps as I am not sagging that badly and can live with what exists. Besides that if I did the TT I would then want the thighs, then I would want the butt, and on and on. I have no idea if my insurance would cover ps or not, but I do know that I am tired of surgeries and just want this last one finished. Sandra
Kim R.
on 1/7/05 3:03 am - Peoria, AZ
Wow Sandra...you've been through alot. I'm so sorry to hear that. Sounds like you are doing great. I've lost 94 lbs. so were pretty close. I can't seem to get these last 9 lbs. off! It's so frustrating! Of course, my eating over the holidays didn't help. Dipping into the goodies had me gain 2 lbs! I was furious with myself, but I'm now back on program with my water and protein. I'd give anything to have ps, but like you, I'd probably continue to want to have more done. I guess we're never happy. I'd just love to be able to have a flat stomach, non-jiggly, hanging skin from my arms and thighs. My hubby and I are going to the Bahama's this summer and I really want to be able to wear some short sleeve tops and dresses. My bat wings are so gross that I don't see that happening....sigh. Oh well. Has Barix made any contact with you over this last year? The only time I hear from them is when they want my labs. Shouldn't we at least have a one year check up? I think I'll give them a call and see what I need to do. Last checkup was for 3 mos...I think. Anyway, let me know how your surgery goes. I had my gallbladder taken out over 15yrs ago by lap and it was a breeze. Hopefully you'll have a quick recovery. Take care and please keep me posted. Kim R/az
Arizona_Sun
on 1/9/05 3:00 am - Gilbert, AZ
Yes, Barix called me to set up the appointment for my one year check up about 2 weeks prior to the date. I had to postpone a bit because of my appendectomy. Other than that I did the quarterly labs that they gave me the order for. Now that I am at the one year mark they won't do labs for another year and I told their nurse that that was not often enough. I will be doing labs every 3 or 4 months for the next year and if all is stable I will then go to semi-annual labs. I am also having more labs ordered than what Barix orders because I believe they are not ordering enough, and I did this with my annual labs. I am extremely proactive in my medical care because I decided that if I was going to risk my life with this surgery I was going to be responsible about it. I am not sure my proactivity on things like the correct calcium (calcium citrate NOT Viactiv, Tums or any other version of carbonate) or the correct labs is appreciated by Barix staff, but it is my bones and body that are being messed with. I am going to have loose areas all over my body, but nothing horribly gross or uncomfortable. I carried my weight fairly uniformly so that is how I have lost it. I did not do goodies for the holidays and remain sugar free and even low carb treat free. My choice and a decision that I made when they wheeled me into surgery 13 months ago. I don't know if you follow my online journal or not, but a lot of my information and a lot of links are up on my site. acdlady.com/WLS_1 just add the www. part. Gotta find a nicer word than Bat Wings though - how about Angel Wings. These are part of your new life and the wonderful things that will accompany it. I understand the desire to have some of it gone and tightened up. I look upon all these loose things as my battle awards as each represents a lot of work, pain, self-discovery, and commitment. Sandra
Most Active