My surgery is January 20, 2005

vanna600
on 1/3/05 4:23 am - Gilbert, AZ
Hello! My name is Vanessa and I'm from Phoenix, and I just got cardiac and pulmonary clearance for my surgery on the 20th. This Friday I have all of my pre-op testing. I meet with the nutritionist on the 18th and I take my last class of the ABC classes that night. I am having my surgery at Phoenix St. Luke's and my surgeon is Dr.Hilario Juarez. Has anyone had their surgery there? How is everyone doing after the surgery? Well hope to talk to someone from Arizona. Vanessa
Stephanie J.
on 1/3/05 9:19 am - Tucson, AZ
I had Juarez at St Lukes. He's a very skilled practitioner. Some have had better experiences with the St. Lukes nursing staff than others, but I think, all in all, they're skilled at what they do as well, although the hospital itself is a little rickety. I'm 9 months out and down about 120 pounds and ecstatic with life in general. My mobility issues, co-morbidities and even ten years of incontinence, have all disappeared. The first few months after surgery are not a tea party, but the tea party does begin shortly thereafter. Barring unforseen complications, you'll be very happy you made this decision. Good luck and if you have anymore questions or need support, feel free to contact me. - Stephanie J
vanna600
on 1/5/05 3:40 am - Gilbert, AZ
Thank you for your response. I hope that everything continues to go great for you. I know that I will be happy with the outcome when I finally have the surgery. I just want to be able to walk to the park with my son and play with him and take him to amusement parks when he is older and ride all the rides with him. I want to be there till the end and give him everything I know I'm capable of giving when it comes to him. Its kind of scary but Im glad that there are people who have had the same experience and life changing decisions that I have to go through that I can talk to. I hope to keep in touch with you. Thank you. Vanessa
Randi D.
on 1/3/05 11:30 pm - Peoria, AZ
Vanessa, Congratulations on getting your date. I am having my surgery on the 13th of January. I had great experiences at St. Lukes when I went for my pre-op testing. They were very nice. Dr. Juarez is my surgeon as well. I am not thrilled with his office, but he seems like a nice man. Good luck! Randi
Stacey R.
on 1/4/05 4:43 am - Phoenix, AZ
Hi Vanessa, I had my surgery at St. Lukes with Dr. Fang. He works out of Dr. Juarez's office. My journey has not been an easy one...but I have absolute total faith in Dr. Fang. He has been right there with me the whole entire time. I have had two more surgeries since the original bypass and spent my time at St. Lukes. The staff has been very nice. The first time in April was a little rough but the other two times I was there they were great. If you have any questions or just want to talk to someone who has been there...please don't hesitate to e-mail. Good luck to you!! Stacey
rron999
on 1/4/05 9:54 pm - Victorville, CA
I had my surgeryon december 20th with dr fang. he is also in dr juarez's office. they are the best at this typeof surgery. Im two weeks post op and had my checkup on the 4th,and i am doing excellent. i have lost 31lbs and i havent been sick one time ..do what the doctor tells you and dont stray away from yourplan and you will be ok. feel free tocall me ..my nmae is ron ferrell and i live in yuma az. 928-726-4816..god bless..
Most Active