My Friend Jenny C. in AZ - Post Op Update

Jay H.
on 1/2/05 2:23 pm - Boron, CA
To my Friend Jenny Celli in Arizona - I must say that I am totally amazed at my best friend Jenny C.'s progress both physically and emotionally in the last 20 months since her surgery. I have found her entries on the obesity support web pages to be insightful and sensitive. She has not only weathered her own pre- and post-op surgery issues and complications, she has provided support and inspiration for co-workers and even complete strangers on how to deal with the intense physical and emotional issues associated with this procedure. And she did it without anyone's help of assistance but her own. It is amazing to me that she was able to hide her upcoming surgery from everyone both at home and at wor****il she was ready to tell them weeks later! She never asked for or needed any support. She got to and from the hospital on her own, she monitored her own medical signs during post-op, she interfaced and coordinated with the doctors and nursing staff to insure a swift, risk free recovery in the hospital, she cared for herself at home during her recovery, she got her own prescriptions, she made her own meals and did her own housekeeping and cleaning, she drove to and from and attended all the follow-up counseling on her own, she developed and followed her own diet modifications and exercise program that allowed her to avoid the dreaded "bags of hanging flesh" which are the all too common results of losing too much weight too fast! And in doing so, she was able to avoid having to have any corrective plastic surgery! She is truly an inspiration to all women of today who want to prove that they can go it alone when there is no one there for them. Now she is living life large and in the way she has always wanted to...beautiful, slim, healthy, happy, popular, self-confident and filled with an internal validation of her own self-worth as a woman, a person and an individual. If you had known her before the surgery as I did for 4 years, you would not recognize her today. She truly is a completely different person. Best wishes Jenny C. wherever you go, and in whatever you do, and with whomever you chose as your friends and sole mates and lovers...your husband and daughters and sisters and family and your countless loving, caring friends will always be there for you just as you have been there for them. Always and forever, your best friend... Jay H. in California
Most Active