lactose intolerance

Lauri D.
on 12/23/04 12:26 pm - Phoenix, AZ
OK, so I am rapidly realizing that I am lactose intolerant. Has anyone else run into this problem? Any suggestions for me to keep up my protein? And does anyone have any good recipies? I do like soy milk, and have been drinking plenty of that, but I am just looking for some help with cooking. I know I cannot do pre made puddings, but can do yogurt. I am now scared to try my cream soups. Can I mix them with soy milk? Can I cook with soy milk like I do regular milk? Any help is appreciated!!! Lauri
Stephanie J.
on 12/24/04 2:01 pm - Tucson, AZ
I wish I could help. I've always been slightly lactose intollerent, but not enough to be able to fix the idea of life without milk and cheeses in my brain for any length of time. I would post your question on the main board. There is a huge pool of people who are lactose intollerant there and I'm sure you'd get some great suggestions. Merry Christmas. - Stephanie J
jujubeee
on 12/26/04 4:55 am - Phoenix, AZ
Hi Lauri, You might want to keep checking on your intolerance to milk. I found that I was sick to my stomach for the two weeks post op from milk but am just fine now. I always mix my protein drinks with water anyway.... the creamed soups never bothered me...I guess you never know what might. My doc says keep trying though, many people have temporary lactose intolerance. Sincerely, Julie
Most Active