2 weeks to go

ELLIS R.
on 12/15/04 2:07 pm - phoenix, AZ
Having surgery december 30th exited a little nervous eating alot.Is this normal
(deactivated member)
on 12/16/04 1:40 am - CA
Ellis, Being nervous before surgery is not uncommon nor is emotional eating as a result. Be careful tho, you really don't want to gain any weight before surgery. Keep telling yourself that giving up the goody now will help in your recovery. Each pound you can lose, each minute you exercise will only benefit you during surgery and in your recovery. Keep busy, do things that are fun, think positive. You are going to do GREAT and what a wonderful way to start the new year. Wishing you the best. Mary 305/181/125???
Trisha
on 12/19/04 1:30 pm - Glendale, AZ
December 30th! Wow! How exciting! I eat when I get nervous too! Just try some relaxation and meditation techniques (deep breathing in private quiet room) to refocus your energies. Maybe that will help. Don't feel like you have to get everything in before surgery, like a "last meal" type of thing because that could complicate your surgery by fattening your liver, etc. (That's what my surgeon said at a seminar last month.) Hang in there!! You'll be starting 2005 out on the losing side!
Most Active