Have Aetna??

Trisha
on 11/27/04 3:12 pm - Glendale, AZ
I have Aetna insurance, and I'm a little worried. When I look under Dr. Juarez's profile on here I see that no one with Aetna insurance posted about their insurance since 2002. Umm.... please give me some reassurance. Any AZ Aetna insureds out there that Aetna approved for WLS? If so, please let me know! Please post to Dr. Juarez's forum under Insurance so others out there like me know there is hope. Thanks!
rjh729
on 11/28/04 2:41 pm
Hi Trisha. I have Aetna insurance and went to see Dr. Zahn. Aetna is very difficult to work with. They do approve, but have very strict guidelines. Three medically supervised diets documented in the last 2 years. 100 pounds overweight documented for the last five years. Medical necessity. They will do whatever they can not to pay. I was denied. But I did have my surgery with Dr. Alejandro Aguirre in Ensenada MX 16 months ago. He is an awesome surgeon. He did his training in CA. Worth every penny I had to pay. Which was a much reduced cost compared to self-pay here. I did a lot of research before I picked him and would not just recommend running off to any surgeon because of a lower cost.
rron999
on 11/29/04 12:59 pm - Victorville, CA
yes yes yes aetna approved mine on the first appeal...if you have any ?s please feel free to email me at [email protected] name is ron..i am in yuma arizona and dr fang is doing my surgery
Most Active