Anyone had Dr Gregory Pulawski as a surgeon???

Lourdes B.
on 11/26/04 10:24 am - chandler, AZ
Hello everyone - I am in the realm of insurance madness. I have been referred to three different doctors, first Dr Blackstone, then Dr Juarez and now my insurance says Im to go to Dr Pulawski. I am on Tricare Prime and seeking to find any info others in the Arizona area may have on this surgeon and The Wish Center. How long did it take you to get approved and what are their requirements, expectations, etc...?? I have my first consult this coming Monday, Nov. 29th. (nervous!) Thanks in advance, Lourdes
joyful516
on 11/29/04 2:00 am - Gilbert, AZ
I began my journey at the Wish Center but I did not get the support I needed (long story). I did all the pre-requisits and tests then they said that my insurance did not approve fast enough -- so I had to start all over. They do have an eight week program that you have to follow and document and then they say they can book you for surgery at the 10th week. I went with Dr Newhoff. He has been doing WLS surgery the longest in the area, 27 years. He was the most reasonably priced too. I ended up having to pay cash. Excellant doc with not pre-stuff to do, except a class, had surgery 6 weeks from initial contact. Very pleased!
Shrinking F.
on 11/29/04 3:57 am - Phoenix, AZ
Sorry I didn't see this post earlier... Long weekend and all. Doc P was my doc for my surgery. Let me tell you.. he is my hero. He was in and out in 1 hour 5 minutes, I had a three incj incision (I had mine open) and was up and walking within four hours of surgery. I'm 10 1/2 months out and 9 lbs to goal now. Doc P is a sweetie, great sense of humor, caring and takes the time to answer any questions you have of him. I didn't mind the eight week "practice Diet" I had to do. Just gave me more time to be sure that this is what I really wanted. Good luck and feel free to email if you have any questions. Fanny 297/164/155(?)
Most Active