Tucson???

****navy M.
on 11/15/04 9:49 am - Palatine, IL
Hi all! I am thinking about posting for a job with my company that would have me relocating from Chicago to Tucson. I was wondering if anyone from Tucson could give me some ideas what its like, things to do etc... I am originally from Los Angeles and spent almost everyweekend at the River (Lake Havasu) so I know all about the dry heat! ha ha Just wondering if I would like it there. Any pointers would be great! Thanks! Lea Ann
Trisha
on 11/15/04 1:51 pm - Glendale, AZ
Hi, I'm from Missouri and moved to Phoenix about 8 years ago. I love it here and would never move back to the midwest. The winters here are nice. There's not really much to do in Tucson - only been there twice, but there's tons in Phoenix to do. Whatever your pleasure, there's plenty to do. Just like any other big city. Same thing in Tucson. A city is a city, you know. I would definitely go for it. One thing though - the pizza here is not nearly as good as it is in Chicago. You will miss the pizza in Chicago. I have two friends here from Chicago and that is the one single thing they miss the most - the pizza. LOL Oh, and Wrigley Field. Here are some good sites to go to to find out about Tucson, AZ: www.oakcreekchamber.com/thingstodo.htm www.tucson.com www.tucsonwelcome.com www.visittucson.org
(deactivated member)
on 11/15/04 2:49 pm - CA
Hi Lea Ann, We just moved to the Phoenix area a couple of months ago and LOVE it. We moved from the Los Angeles area and had lived there for years. Can't help you with Tucson but if you are a member of the auto club you might want to ask them for some of the travel guides for the area. Tucson is about 1 1/2 hours south of Phoenix. Mary
****navy M.
on 11/16/04 8:16 am - Palatine, IL
Thanks so much for the information. I posted for the position today so who knows, you all might have a new neighbor! ha ha I will check out those websites! Lea Ann
Kougar K.
on 11/17/04 9:52 am - Tucson, AZ
I just moved from Orange Co, CA to Tucson 4.5 weeks ago. We tried looking at Phoenix, but it was too busy and crazy...like where we came from. I grew up in Paramount, CA, so I consider myself from LA. As far as Tucson goes, it depends on what you want to do? We were trying to get away from the craziness, and for the most part, we have. Beautiful scenery, kids love their school, different architecture--we love. If you have hobbies, you can find what you need. The U of A provides for sports entertainment if you need that. There is a theatre for fine arts, too. Lots of museums here. Lots of local history, no smog, just shy of a million people. Great weather for Fall...like California but dryer. Disappointments so far: car insurance more here than in LA, people out here don't know how to drive, freeway only gets you out of town...most people drive the surface streets and none of them go all the way thru to the other side of town. People aren't oozingly friendly, although more friendly than in LA. The pay isn't that great here for basic jobs and customer service among the locals is a bit slower than I'm used to. There is a sense of complacency among the natives...like this is as good as it gets and it won't get better, but maybe I'm misinterpreting their content or something? Generally, we really like it so far and plan on staying for a while. Kristy
Most Active