How's Shannon R ?

tres35cowgirl8
on 10/26/04 3:58 am - * _ *, AZ
Was wondering how she's doing? Anyone know what time she went in? I am praying everthing went well
Shannon R.
on 11/1/04 3:26 am - phoenix, az
Teresa, Hi! I want to thank you so much for all your concern and prayers. It was TOUGH. Anyone who says it's a breeze either was reeeaaaally super lucky, or lying. LOL Like Diane said I was not in my room until 4pm. My surgery started late, which I kind of expected. Long story short: Felt great the first day, Felt like I was going to die from pain the second day, went home feeling better on the third. I felt so bad the second day that I thought I could never feel normal again, but it gets better every single day. It's is so wierd not being hungry - EVER. I dumped a teeny bit yesterday by accident. My aunt, meaning well, bought me some cinimmon (sp?) tea since she bought my mom a cinnibon that way I wouldn't feel deprived of the taste. I didn't see anything about "sweetened" "caffeine" or anything on the label. She got it at Starbucks. Well, it WAS caffeinated and I believe by the taste just slightly sweetened black tea. The SECOND it went down I got hot flashes. I didn't really get any other symptoms beyond that, other than feeling really wierd, in a bad way. It's really hard to describe. So of course my aunt ran to the kitchen to read the label and it didn't say anything but if it's the tea they use at starbucks it could have been slightly sweetend anyway without me knowing, and it definately had caffeine which I really didn't think would bother me - but boy did it. SO I am happy to say my body dumps. I am glad becaue I know that I need that trigger to keep me off the sugar. Other wise, I know I am not getting enough protein in and it's really hard to do it and to keep track when you eat so little. I haven't been able to stomach my protein shakes yet, I am going to try my Nectar later today. I have been nauseous every morning until today. That made the day start out a lot better. I also was able to get myself in and out of bed in the middle of the night without help for the first time. That made me feel really good. i am going to try and walk to the corner of my street with my dog today to meet my daughter after school, the furthest I have walken. It's a tough ride but gets easier every day. It's also been emotional. They say you tend to get depressed about 2 weeks afterwards, well it hit me right away. I think because I finally realized this goal or this dream and it was truly overwhelming that it finally happened. You can read more about the last 5 days on my online journal - I get more detailed there. http://letknitbeknown.blogspot.com Thanks again Teresa! How are you doing? If there are any questions at all you have, just let me know, I will help you anyway I can! Luv, Shannon Oh! P.S. the BEST part ever about this week, my GERD is COMPLETELY GONE! I haven't had any heartburn at all which is a huge blessing. And my incontinance is COMPLETELY GONE!!! Two co-morbs gone immediately! I couldn't believe it!
Most Active