1 year post-op

Tanya T.
on 10/25/04 6:24 am - mesa, az
Hi all, I am officially one year post op and doing great!!! To date I have lost 166 pounds including the 30 that I lost prior to surgery and I feel great. I am four pounds away from being merely overweight on my BMI which is a far cry from Super Morbidly Obese that I started with. Life has brought me so many gifts this last year. I am off all of the serious medications that I was on before surgery and now only take my Synthriod which I have even been able to cut my dossage in half! I take all my vits daily like clockwork. I work out at the gym 6 days a week and just over the weekend took advice from a friend and started to jog!!! Couldn't have done that a year ago!!!! I have gone from a size 32 in womens clothing to a......drummroll please......12!!!!! I still smile whan I look at my new pants in size 12!!!! I still eat mainly protein and stay away from bad carbs. My body does not like bad carbs I have figured because if I eat pasta I will gain 2-4 pounds and it will take me a week to get it off. Soooo not worth it so I stick to protiens and vegies and that works best. Anyway I just wanted to update all of you on my progress and to say thank you to everyone for all of the support I get here on OH. This journey has been long and hard but I would not have made it without the support I get from my family, friends and OH members. God Bless, Tanya 355/325/189/150 highest/pre-op/today/goal
saffire
on 10/25/04 10:17 am - Phoenix, AZ
Congrats! I hope I can show the same success when my year comes up. Glad to see you're doing so well, and good luck with year #2 and beyond! Angie S. 400/303/???
tres35cowgirl8
on 10/25/04 10:54 am - * _ *, AZ
congrats on all your progress and hard work. I am looking forward to it myself. Keep up the great work and let us know how your are Teresa
Most Active