Lactose Intolerant Help

Rosalie S.
on 10/14/04 6:42 am - Phoenix, AZ
Seem to not be able to tolerate milk. Ate yogurt and made me sick. Only 2 weeks since surgery. Haven't found a good protein drink I can tolerate. Dont want to buy huge thing and am intolerant to fruit flavored stuff. Any suggestions how to get my protein?
joyful516
on 10/14/04 7:09 am - Gilbert, AZ
Sorry, no much help here. I have not found one that I can tolerate. They are all so nasty. I wish you luck! I am going to try mashing some protein bars if I can find one low in sugar.
Arizona_Sun
on 10/15/04 12:50 am - Gilbert, AZ
Joy have you tried ordering protein samples from vitalady.com? Many people need to try several types of protein before they find those that they like or will tolerate. Sandra
Shannon R.
on 10/14/04 8:44 am - Mesa, AZ
Sorry you're having such a rough time! Have you tried Carb Countdown or soy milk? As far as the protein drinks go -- I don't know if you're staying away from caffeine or not. But, if you aren't Myoplex makes an EXCELLENT protein drink. The flavor is café caramel and it tastes like a Starbucks frappuccino. It does have caffeine in it, however. The Myoplex drink in chocolate fudge isn't bad either (caffeine free). I nearly went broke buying different kinds of protein and these are the only two drinks I can stomach. You can get single serving sizes for $2.99 for the small carton at GNC so you can try them. You can also get them at Hi Health. Best of luck to you! Shannon
Arizona_Sun
on 10/15/04 12:48 am - Gilbert, AZ
Start off by purchasing samples so that you don't invest a lot of money in a jug. I purchase mine via vitalady.com (just add the www.) and that helped a LOT with narrowing down my flavor preferences. On a personal note my favorite concoction is 1 scoop Champion Pure Whey Stack chocolate and 1/2 scoop Proplete Gold Double Chocolate. If you like vanilla give ProV60 Vanilla a try as it tastes like ice cream and is the best vanilla that I have found. Many people like the Champion Pure Whey Stack banana scream. I prefer Proplete Gold Banana Cream. Then, there are the sugar free syrups that many add to their shakes to vary the flavor, I don't tend to do that. Sandra
Most Active