Gilbert - Mesa Support Group

joyful516
on 10/12/04 4:40 am - Gilbert, AZ
I am looking for a Mesa/Gilbert Support Group, I do not want to drive far. Any suggestions? I would love more than one choice.
Kathy P.
on 10/12/04 10:37 am - AZ
There is an awesome group that meets at banner mesa on country club. They meet the 1st and 3rd thursday at 6pm in a room off the cafeteria. There is also a group that meets the 2nd and 4th tuesday of month at chandler hospitial have never been to this group but here it is awesome. I did go to the banner baywood group once and was not impressed to small a group and not enough support for me. I have gone to the mesa one twice and they are a great group of people very friendly and helpful. Good luck finding the right one. Kathy
Arizona_Sun
on 10/13/04 1:15 am - Gilbert, AZ
Your choices are between two really great groups, Banner Mesa and Chandler. I go to both as often as I can. They are both a bit of a drive for me, but well worth it. I no longer attend the Eastside meeting at Banner Baywood as it is just too small and no real "personality" for lack of better words. Banner Mesa is on Brown Road just west of Country Club (go around the bend and in the main entrance) - they meet in a room off the cafeteria which is to your right as you enter the lobby. They meet the 1st and 3rd Thursday from 6 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. and usually go to dinner afterwards. They have a yahoo group for announcements, but you have to be invited to join it (you can sign up for that at a meeting). Chandler is at the Chandler Regional Hospital SE of Dobson and Frye. They usually meet in a conference room that is in the basement and you enter via the main entrance (east and south of the ER entrance), but occasionally we have the meeting changed to a room that you reach via the north entrance. They meet the 2nd and 4th Tuesday of the month from 6 p.m. - 7:30 p.m. They have a Yahoo group that you can join without invitation at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Chandler_WLSSupport/ and this helps you keep up with the changes in meeting places, plus get to know the people a little better. Both groups usually go out to dinner afterwards for continuation of the socializing. Hope to see you at some of these meetings. Sandra
Most Active