Looking for Support in Page

Jennifer G.
on 10/2/04 4:52 pm - Page, AZ
I am seriously considering doing gastric bypass surgery. My main concerns are that there won't be any support groups around my area and I don't feel like I know enough about it. Any suggestions?? Thanks! Jennifer
Randi D.
on 10/4/04 1:23 am - Peoria, AZ
Jennifer, There are several support groups in AZ. There is a group on Yahoo that you can join, and there are always listings of support meetings. There is also a support group at St. Lukes. What area are you in? I'm having my surgery on December 2nd, and I can't wait. I was supposed to have it on Sept 20th, but got sick. Good Luck, Randi D. in Peoria
Stephanie J.
on 10/7/04 5:11 am - Tucson, AZ
Hi Jennifer, Please email me at [email protected] and I will send you a list of many AZ support groups. If there isn't one specifically in Page, you might be interested in some of the online support groups in other parts of the state that can help answer your concerns. If you don't see anything near on my list, you might also check with local clinics and hospitals to see if the have any info. If you find out about something not on the list, please let me know so I can add it. And I don't know if it's up your alley, but remember, there are probably others in Page looking for support too if you are. You can always simply start a support group. It only takes a few people getting together over cofffee to share problems and info and maybe set up a local message board on Yahoo and there ya have a support group! Good luck. - Stephanie Jackter
Most Active