Moderators: Re: AZ Support Groups

Stephanie J.
on 10/2/04 3:19 am - Tucson, AZ
I have a list of many support groups statewide in Arizona, with links and contact people included. Where on this site, if anyplace, can I post this valuable data? If I'm not allowed to post it, how do you recommend that I get this info to people who need it and ask about it all the time on this message board. Any suggestions are welcomed. I'd hate to think I took the time to put this whole thing together and have no way to get the info out. Thanks. - Stephanie Jackter (in the book in Tucson).
Do-over Girl
on 10/3/04 2:52 am - Tempe, AZ
I know I would love to have a copy of this list and hope to see you post it online. Thanks in advance! JMF AZ
(deactivated member)
on 10/5/04 4:03 pm - CA
Stephanie, Check under Events: http://www.obesityhelp.com/morbidobesity/events.phtml I'm a new transplant to the area and would love a copy of this list if you would e-mail it to me, that would be great. Mary
Stephanie J.
on 10/7/04 5:02 am - Tucson, AZ
I checked that link and I still feel kind of up against a wall on this. What I have, as you can see from what I sent to you, is a resource list, not a list of single events, so the events page isn't an appropriate place for this data to go. There really should be an area in each State's part of this site where all the local groups in the state can be accessed and local message boards can be linked to. I don't think the object of the owners of this board is to block people from receiving help, but that's exactly what happens when the groups and contact info for those groups are not allowed to be listed. It seems very proprietary and harmful to me, whether intended to be that way or not. Anyway, I guess I can just keep distributing the list privately and try to make sure all the AZ bariatric surgeons have it. So if anyone is looking for a group in your area or just wants the list to be able to point others in the right direction, please contact me at [email protected] and I'll get it out to you. Thanks. - Stephanie J
Arizona_Sun
on 10/8/04 12:58 am - Gilbert, AZ
Have you tried emailing the OH staff directly? They respond fairly quickly to emails. I think your suggestion is a good one. Meanwhile do continue to publish the list on our state board. I can't imagine why OH would have a problem with that. Oh, Batrix (Bariatric Treatment Center) is Barix Clinics, not Batrix. Sandra
Most Active