Help! Very Depressed! 20lb Weight Gain!!

jewelsemt
on 10/1/04 6:26 am - Apache Junction, AZ
I am 2 years post op and I;ve gained 20 pounds. I need some support or something. I feel hopeless right now.
Stephanie J.
on 10/1/04 12:48 pm - Tucson, AZ
There's a very good Yahoo Web site for people who have gone "Off Track" after a year or two. Unfortunately, this site is so proprietary that they won't allow me to put the link to that site. Maybe you can find it on your own. I've heard that it really gets difficult to keep the pounds off after a couple of years. I'm still in the honeymoon phase where I can eat to satiation and invariably lose more weight every week. But I know that doesn't last for long and stories like yours scare me as I know I'll be in the same position soon. Good luck. - Stephanie J
(deactivated member)
on 10/5/04 3:45 pm - CA
Julie, is there any local support group that you belong to or can join. With regards to the gain, are you doing things differently than before? Are you still exercising, getting your protein in or have you gone back to some of the old habits (no need to respond here, just some things to think about). Are you putting others' needs before yours?? I have a friend who is over 1 year out and had gained back 10 lbs. She had been in a high stress situation and was eating junk (she can tolerate sugar) and had stopped exercising. She is now working hard to get back on track. Please don't feel hopeless ... you can turn this around. Focus on making yourself the priority. Sending you hugs. Mary
Most Active