How often do you vomit?

LisaSpi
on 9/10/04 7:25 am - Tucson, AZ
Yes, well I have to go to some one here I guess Cause I am not going to PHX and my insurance says to go to some one here in Tucson also, waiting for my PCP to tell me who I am supposed to see. I will be praying for you tomorrow that things go well. Lisa S
baddgurrl
on 9/10/04 11:58 am - Chino Valley, AZ
Until I learned to really listen to my body, (and still sometimes happens, just not as often) I would throw up. I do not have any strictures or anything like that as far as I know, I had my surgery in April and have lost 87 lbs, I really stuck to liquids for awhile after puking a lot, now I am slowly finding more things that I can tolerate. Also I was eating faster, and not chewing as well as I thought I was. I could always tell right away when I was going to puke, as a matter of fact the foamies about drove me nuts. I would be willing to bet things will get better as your behaviour changes, we cannot expect to be perfect patients as this surgery changes everything about life as we know it.
Helen S.
on 9/11/04 4:33 pm - Phoenix, AZ
Greetings! I am almost 5 months post-surgery. And I go thru 'spells' - sometimes, I go for a week or more with out barfing. And then there are those days...... Barf, barf, barf..... The same food sets well one day, re-appears the next time I try it. I think it just takes time. It seems a little better now than it was a month or so ago. And I have no stricture. I can eat steak one day, yet the next day yogurt wants to come back. Patience........... Give yourself time to heal. And make sure you are chewing well. If I eat too fast and don't chew well, I see it again!
Shannon R.
on 9/12/04 1:50 am - Mesa, AZ
Hi Helen, Thanks so much for responding. I went to the emergency room yesterday and I don't have a stricture. However, I do have an ulcer, which I got some medication for. The doctor told me the same thing as you did about eating slow and chewing well. I'm guilty of eating too fast sometimes, especially when I am extra hungry and haven't eaten for a while. It's so weird how our bodies work after this surgery! Congratulations on being 5 months out! This is definitely not and easy process. Take care, Shannon
Most Active