I JUST HEARD A RUMOR ABOUT WLS

sgirl
on 8/26/04 12:54 pm - tucson, AZ
Someone just told me today that a patient died 3 days after surgery recently and it was because of an uncontrollable fever and infection. She said that he was pessimistic prior to the surgery and that is why he got a fever. What????????????????
Richard L.
on 8/26/04 11:18 pm - Albuquerque, NM
Hi Sally, I am fighting insurance to get Dr Blackstone to do my surgery. I wouldn't think what they said is true.
Shrinking-Violet
on 8/27/04 4:02 am - Maricopa, AZ
Sally: This could be true. There was a gentleman that passed away shortly after surgery (while still in the hospital)- BUT that was actually many months ago. I had heard about it at the NWMC meeting. Other than that I have not heard anything of this rumor. Do you know by chance who his surgeon was? This is sad news :/ Makes me feel very fortunate that my recovery has gone fairly well. Angela Dr. Burpee 07/28/04
sgirl
on 8/27/04 5:22 am - tucson, AZ
Angela, You are right, it was a few months ago, and it was at the Northwest Medical Center meeting. What happened?
Shrinking-Violet
on 8/27/04 7:22 am - Maricopa, AZ
Sally: The one man I can remember actually passed away in March/April of this year. His name was David Palmer. I did not know him, nor did I ever meet him. I had pretty much just joined the group when it happened. I do remember a lot of people were REALLY affected and upset by his passing as they had come to know him from the meetings. It was also the first death in the TUSWLS Support Group. I believe David was 36 and he passed in the hospital shortly after the surgery. We never heard why exactly. I believe he was over or close to 400 lbs. and I actually heard that he was very positive and hopeful about his surgery prior to going under. So it is possible that this may not be the same individual that you had heard of. Angela Dr. Burpee 07/28/04
Most Active