Surgery in Tucson

Kourtney G.
on 5/27/04 9:21 am - Tucson, AZ
Hey everyone, I was just wondering if anyone has had or going to have surgery in Tucson with Dr.'s Burpee or Chiasson? And if so, how was your experience with everything? I haven't heard much about surgery in Tucson and this is where I want to have mine done. Thanks! Kourtney
Sandy in Tucson
on 5/27/04 1:17 pm - Tucson, AZ
I have only attended one support group meeting at NW Hospital.......but many of Dr. Chiassons patients were in attendance.......you need to attend the support meetings and meet people who have had surgery here in Tucson.....Sandy
Stephanie J.
on 5/30/04 5:06 pm - Tucson, AZ
There is also a web based support group associated with the groups they have at Northwest and El Dorado hospitals. You can get all the details of when the groups meet there and also get a ton of replys to your questions. From what I've seen Burpee and Chaisson get rave reviews. I've spoken with their assistant Gale Duke, and she seems to also be a really nice person. The website can be found at Yahoo Groups at TUSWLS. I believe there's a link in a listing of support groups I posted on the Arizona section of this site. - Stephanie J
Carrie K.
on 5/31/04 5:49 am - Albuquerque, NM
I had my surgery with Dr Burpee on 2/18/04, Dr Chiasson assists with his surgeries and vise verse. My sister had surgery with Dr Chiasson 9/17/03. Both doctors are GREAT. They both have alot of compassion and a great bed-side manner. They are both very expecienced with the gastric bypass surgery. I felt very comfortable going to surgery with them. I cant say enough good things about them. Carrie
Kourtney G.
on 6/1/04 5:55 am - Tucson, AZ
Hi Carrie, Thank you for letting me know about the Dr's at Northwest,I really like Dr. Burpee also but I've never talked to anyone who's had surgery by him so I didn't know if I should find a doctor in Phoenix!? So what kind of surgery did you have and how are you feeling? And of course, how much have you lost? If you don't mind me asking. How easy was it to get approved by your insurance? I guess I have alot of questions I'm sorry,I'm just really excited about everything! Thanks again Kourtney
Sally Jane N.
on 6/6/04 1:38 pm - AZ
Hi Carrie, I've been thinking about using a Tucson Dr. for WLS but couldn't find any info on the docs. I was so happy to see your post tonight. Do you know if these dr.'s are hard to get into? Is there a long waiting list? As a Clifton resident Tucson is by far closer to me that Phx. Thanks,
Bernice B.
on 6/1/04 3:30 am - Phoenix, AZ
Kourtney, I've been looking at a wide variety of surgeons and programs and I've found that the best program and surgeons with the MOST experience is at Barix Clinics. They are having a seminar in Tucson and it's free. It's on June 17th. I'm going to try and go to the one in Scottsdale, but I know you mentioned that you wanted to go Tucson. This way you could go meet the surgeons and dieticians and patient counselor. I went to barixseminar.com to register.
Most Active