home have?

donnasmiley75
on 5/5/04 4:16 pm - glendale, AZ
hello all i am am home still a little sore got on monday I had to go to got the ICU for two day had trouble breathing trouble. But i am ok now. I still very tight where I was cut open. Oh I had a hernia the size of a baseball not fun. so how log after surgery did you all start seeing that you where losing waight? I am walking but it still hurts a little to get around. but I am getting through it.
Wendy T.
on 5/5/04 4:28 pm - Apache Junction, AZ
Hi Donna, I'm sorry to hear you had some breathing trouble. ICU was a good place for you to be....they take such good care of you in ICU. I had laproscopic RNY and no baseballs (hernia) removed *Ouch* I noticed in a couple days that the swelling in my feet and ankles was way down. (my Mom said she noticed it the day after my surgery) I walked Alot in the hospital...the bed was so uncomfortable. I even read the paper in the visitors lounge and straightened up the papers/magazines on the tables and threw away trash people left. Everyday will get better!! Get lots of rest, drink as much water as you can and walk as much as tolerable. Take Care, Wendy T.
Tamara T.
on 5/11/04 7:43 am - Claypool, AZ
Hi Donna, So glad that you are doing so well now. Everyday is going to get better. By my fist week checkup I had lost the 15lbs of water weight I had gained in the hospital. Now I am 4 months post op and have lost 90 lbs. The time has just flown by and the pounds have melted off. It will be the same for you. In the next few weeks you should see a real loss. Take care of yourself. Tammy
Most Active