HELP! WE NEED INFO!

Eileen L.
on 3/24/04 12:40 pm - Gilbert, AZ
Hi folks. My whole family is getting into the act of this WLS thing! My sister (in California) had surgery 10 days ago, I am waiting for insurance approval, and my daughter is checking into it. My question is this, do any of you have Health Select? She has been told that they do not approve the surgery. Is this true? She has some options, and will change insurance if she has to, but that will delay surgery until after the first of the year. Anybody got any info? Eileen
WhiteDover101 B.
on 3/25/04 12:38 am - Somewhere, Tx
Hi, I don't have your insurance so I can't be of any help. I have Aetna HMO and they seem to still be approving WLS. I am waiting on my approval sometime this month. Sorry I couldn't be of more help. I do know that Cigna, BCBS of Nevada and Florida are no longer giving an approvals. They think the surgery is too expensive. Gee, I wonder who gets to keep the money? Duh! Good luck in your search and I am glad that your family is doing so well with the surgery! Debbie
Eileen L.
on 3/26/04 2:16 am - Gilbert, AZ
Thanks! I sure hope my daughter can get hers done. She is 29, 280#, and struggling to keep up with her two kids, 7 & 8. Plus, she was thin (size 8****il about ten years ago, when she just ballooned up, then had two kids in rapid succession (13 mos. apart) so never lost the weight. She is sick to death of being fat, and we want her to look as beautiful on the outside as we know she is on the inside! Loving Mom Eileen - waiting for approval.
Most Active