self pay psych eval for under $500???

nicnic
on 3/23/04 3:09 am - mesa, az
Does anyone know of a place I can get the MMPI-2 and consult for under $500? Yikes! I was expecting around $350. Maybe I'm just being unrealistic!
EVETTE K.
on 3/23/04 3:39 am - TUCSON, AZ
I honestly can't say how much the consult was, I just had my copay through insurance, but I saw Dr. Seaton he is in Phoenix and was quick and painless, you might want to call his office to check the amount. His number is 602 852 0911. Hope this helps!! Take Care!!
azldsgal
on 3/23/04 8:16 am - Chandler, AZ
Hey Nicola, I only paid 250.00 for mine...I went thru Dr Sharon Ozer in Tempe.. 480-775-8811
nicnic
on 3/23/04 10:23 pm - mesa, az
Thanks for the response! I called Dr.Ozers office and they advised $400. My insurance subcontracts out to a company called the holman group and they said that they won't pay for it...so here we go. I got the psych eval from last years attempt at gastric bypass through Mayo Clinic, but I didn't do the MMPI-2...so I think I have to do it again! Thanks again everyone for your good advice....it's a bummer that even when you pay for the insurance it doesn't always pay!
Eileen L.
on 3/23/04 10:49 pm - Gilbert, AZ
I posted on another message about my problems with my psych eval. My insurance paid $450 to Dr. H. J. Schulte in Scottsdale. What they got was a form that they faxed to him (check the boxes, basically). No MMPI-2, nothing! He said that he felt I needed further tests, and his office has been very rude...they said they were contracted for a specific thing, and did not write a report, and will not schedule me for a further appointment. So...because of his report, my Ins. company denied approval, and I am back to square one. I am probably going to have to go through the psych eval again, and my ins. co. will not pay for the second one. I have made an appt. with Dr. Oser as well, and I was also told $400. I think it really sucks that I acted in good faith by going to this jerk, and now have to start all over again! AND pay for it myself!! Eileen in Gilbert
Arizona_Sun
on 3/23/04 11:00 pm - Gilbert, AZ
You will love Sharon Ozer. I had her do mine and I paid most of the cost myself because my insurance did not require the MMPI-2. It will take at least two weeks once you have had the appointment for the actual report to be mailed to your doctor. I provided a self-addressed stamped envelope so that I could have a copy for my records as well. There are two components to her report: the part that is a check box sheet for your insurance company and the part that is a more comprehensive report about her appointment with you and the test (she recommends that the latter not be sent to the insurance because it is personal information that your insurance does not need to see).
Sheryl Tilley
on 3/24/04 5:22 am - Prescott, AZ
YES!!!! Call Barbara Maxwell -- I was advised by her office to bring $90 in cash or money order. Her number is 602-262-2222. The price is the same for their dietician. Sheryl
Stephanie H.
on 3/25/04 3:50 pm - St. Louis, MO
Ok, maybe its just me, but I couldn't STAND Barbara Maxwell then and I can't stand her now.... getting her degree FINALLY didn't do anything to mellow her. If you go to her, be ready to go to some Binge Eating classes, she seems to refer everyone whether they have a problem or not. (Kickbacks??) Personally, I went to a Psych that was in my plan and paid 20.00 for the entire thing... Call your insurance to see if its covered... Stephanie
nicnic
on 3/24/04 11:36 pm - mesa, az
Thanks everyone!! I'm actually already approved by my insurance, but the surgeon requires it....and it's the one thing holding me back from a surgery date. I guess it's always something. I appreciate all the feedback it's extremely helpful. I hope that this time next month I will posting that I have my date!
Sheryl Tilley
on 3/25/04 5:10 am - Prescott, AZ
CORRECTION: -- Take $95 to Barbara Maxwell. Because I looked at my notes and it's $190 -- split that's $95 for psych and $95 for nutrition. Sheryl
Most Active