I'm Approved already...I can't believe it!!!

nicnic
on 3/19/04 7:53 am - mesa, az
I feel like i just won the lottery!! My insurance is with United Health and I work for America West. I called the surgeons office on 3/15/04 and they told me to expect 2-8 weeks to wait for approval. Then yesterday, 3/18/04 I got my approval. I was jumping up and down and then made sure to call the insurance company first thing this morning to confirm that I wasn't imagining that letter. I was prepared to sit back and wait. I am now awaiting a surgery date, but I think I could have that as early as next week for sometime in April!! I would recommend Dr.Simons office in a heartbeat. The insurance company commented that they must really know what they're doing because she's seen people wait al long as 90 days because the paperwork gets sent to the wrong place. So, I will post again when I get a date!!
tina0226
on 3/19/04 2:12 pm - Greenwood, IN
CONGRATS!!
(deactivated member)
on 3/21/04 4:10 am - El Mirage, AZ
AWESOME....when I read your post, I KNEW you couldn't have had CIGNA...LOL (that was an 8 month long journey for MY approval, but worth it, in the end) Let us knw when you get your date!! Congrats again! ~Michelle post op 11/21
nicnic
on 3/22/04 6:47 am - mesa, az
Thanks for the support everyone! I have to say, I did try this last year when I had insurance through Mayo Clinic. I sincerely thought after jumping through all the necessary hoops, I would be approved no problem since I was seeing their doctors and had their insurance, but I was denied. I think the fact that I did take the whole year working with them and had all the records from those visits helped pushe things through so quickly this time. Good luck to you all in your pursuit, I do understand what you're going through as you try to get this done. I was devastated last year when I was declined, but I am feeling vindicated knowing that I did have a valid case. I wish you all the very best in your endeavors to have this done!! Thanks again for your kind words, they mean so much!
Most Active