For Dr.Simon Patients what now?

nicnic
on 3/17/04 2:53 am - mesa, az
I attended a seminar 2 weeks ago and they said my file is with Lori for insurance approval, but I haven't been able to speak with her to see what I need to do next. Has anyone else out there been through the process with this office? I know I'm anxious and impatient. I just want to do my part to speed things along as much as I can. Any info or advice anyone has would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks!
HarleyGirl
on 3/17/04 2:08 pm - Maricopa, AZ
Hang in there. My guess from your profile is that you are insured through the same employer as my husband since you now have UHC. I am with Dr Newhoff. I had Cigna up until Jan 1, now UHC. I had not done too much with Cigna because of all the criteria. (UHC does not have the same guidelines) Lori sent my ins info on 9 Jan and by Feb 24 I had my approval. I am now doing my pysch eval and getting a date. UHC is good to work with so is Lori. Leave her a message on her line and ask her what day she sent in to UHC. You can call UHC member services and wait for the prompts that get you to the pre determination nurses and tell them you would like to check on a pre determination. I called every Friday until they told me I was approved, they are really nice and the phone calls go quick. They then sent approval letters to me, hospital and Dr. Newhoff.
nicnic
on 3/17/04 9:57 pm - mesa, az
Thanks so much for sharing your experience. I got a hold of Lori yesterday, and she was very nice, and very friendly. She told me I am submitted for pre-auth and to go ahead and get the psych eval. I already have one from last year when I tried to get it done....she thinks it will be suffiecient I just need to get the files from the that doctor. She did say United has been pretty backed up and I should expect 2-8 weeks for approval. I like your idea about calling once a week, and I think I will do that. Good luck with your surgery.....I hope you get your soon!!
Betsy M.
on 3/25/04 11:11 am - Lake Havasu City, AZ
Hi Nicola, I went through the process with Simons office, My date is April 6th. After I got my approval, I went for my psyc eval, after your psyc eval and approval are in their hands then they will mail you your date. I started this proces in January I do believe and my surgery is just around the corner! It happens so fast. Today I just recieved a call from their office telling me my time has changed from 1pm to 10 am i'm really glad about that. Oh ya also you have to attend a preop class with marcia, she goes over nutrition and the surgery before and after. Good luck, hope you get your date soon!! Betsy
nicnic
on 3/25/04 9:57 pm - mesa, az
Congrat's on your date Betsy!! I have my pre-op with Marcia scheduled for the 3rd & 10th of April and then my psych eval with Dr.Ozer on the 19th of April. I was hoping my previous psych eval would suffice, but I never did the MMPI-2 and they said it's required. Unfortunately, my insurance doesn't require it, so they won't pay. I can't afford the $400 until the 19th......so that's the only thing holding me back! Color me impatient!! I can hardly stand the wait. I just hope the date isn't too far after the psych eval is finished! I hate to call Dr.Simon's office they always make you feel like you are totally interupting them and they can't get off the phone fast enough. Anyways....I'm very happy for you!! I hope everything goes well, and you recover quickly!! You'll have to be sure and post so we know how you're doing. Nicola
Most Active