Changed docs

Sheryl Tilley
on 3/16/04 6:54 am - Prescott, AZ
Hi everybody! I had to change docs because of my insurance -- so am going from Dr. Zahn to Dr. Juarez. How do I fix that on my profile? Sheryl
Eileen L.
on 3/16/04 10:56 am - Gilbert, AZ
Can't help you there, but good luck with Dr. Juarez...I switched AWAY from him to the Bariatric Treatment Center (Dr. Schlesinger) because I couldn't STAND him! Eileen
Stephanie H.
on 3/16/04 11:18 pm - St. Louis, MO
Excuse me... I had Dr Juarez and while I know that everyone is entitled to their own opinion, if you are going to blast a Dr. that way, at least give a reason for YOUR opinion. I'm sure Dr Schlesinger is great, but I think we are ALL protective of our surgeons. How would you feel if I blasted yours and not explained why? Stephanie in Phoenix
Dennis W.
on 3/16/04 12:13 pm - Dewey, Az
Hey Sheryl......I can't help you with the profile thingee much, but I'm sure that If you keep playing with it, you'll figure it out. I know that we are restricted to our particular insurance programs, but do your reasearch on your surgeon so you can fully trust him in the end. You might want to ask about a total out of pocket figure first. Most surgeons have a way of billing differently for many reasons, like the different programs some require, The charges are almost always there, just stated differently. Some also have an easy payment program to cover some of the things the insurance company doesn't.
Wendy T.
on 3/16/04 1:56 pm - Apache Junction, AZ
Hi Sheryl, Dr. Juarez was my surgeon. He is very good, in my opinion. His practice is very busy. I knew going into this that Dr. Juarez doesn't have a great bedside manner but his skills are excellent. I knew I wanted a very skilled surgeon, not a friend..lol. I was pleasantly surprised that Dr. Juarez and I got along well and he is a very nice man. I also find his Physicians Assistant Emil very pleasant, patient and helpful. When I had my surgery and at my follow up appointment there has been another doctor/intern named Ben that is also very nice. I hope everything goes well for you!! Take Care, Wendy T.
Eileen L.
on 3/17/04 3:30 am - Gilbert, AZ
Dr. Juarez has a very good reputation as a surgeon, but he just wasn't right for me. I resent waiting in the waiting room for 1.5 hours for a ten minute consult with the good doctor, especially when he came into the exam room, yawned a few times, asked if I had any questions, then left as quickly as he had come. I felt like a total piece of meat. My husband, who is not nearly as emotional or sensitive as I am, was furious! I know not all surgeons have great bedside manner, and that wouldn't bother me, but then I also heard from other posters that the hospital doesnt do such a great job of aftercare either. That was enough for me. The BTC does nothing but WLS, is a small facility, and the care is much more personal. That was why I decided to change surgeons. I did not mean to insinuate that there would be a problem for anyone else with Juarez...just for me. And perhaps it is because I am older than most of you out there...LATE 50's, and after all these years, I EXPECT to be treated with respect from someone who is getting THAT much money from me! Eileen
Stacy K.
on 3/25/04 6:26 am - Phoenix, AZ
Hi There, I am 6 days post-op with Dr. Juarez for lap band surgery. He was great as well as the entire staff that worked with me at St Lukes. His office is very busy and can resemble a factory you know in and out. I have no complaints. You are in capable hands Stacy
Most Active