New to this forum

Janice H.
on 3/14/04 9:23 am - dewey, az
Today was the first day that I have checked out this forum. It is great to read about all you other Arizonans. I am scheduled for surgery April 27th. My insurance has an ironclad exclusion for anything related to morbid obesity so I am going to be a self pay. Because of that i am going to Mexico to have my surgery. I have researched the physician and feel very comfortable with my choice. I will be having open RNY.
Dennis W.
on 3/14/04 2:59 pm - Dewey, Az
WOW! Another Deweyite, how totally cool. Howdy there Janice. Did ya know that we have a little local support group that meets in Prescott Valley on the 2 & 4 Tuesdays of the month at 6.30pm. We meet at the PV Elks club off of Prescott East Hwy and would love to have to come joiin us. Of couse you can e-mail me anytime if'n ya just want to chat or I could e-mail you my phone number.
Stacey R.
on 3/15/04 6:13 am - Phoenix, AZ
Hi there!! I just wanted to say congratulations!! I just got my surgery date last week!! I will be having my surgery on April 16!! I wish you luck and keep us posted on how everything goes!! Stacey
Tamara T.
on 3/15/04 6:51 am - Claypool, AZ
Congratulations hon, I sure hope everything comes out great for you. I had my surgery on January 8th and am down 62 lbs. It really was the best thing I could have done. Take care and keep us posted. Tammy Lap RNY 1/8/04 62 lbs to date
Eileen L.
on 3/15/04 11:26 am - Gilbert, AZ
Welcome to this group! I am Eileen, and I am in the frustrating procedure of getting approval. I thought I had everything under control until the Psychiatrist I went to thre a MAJOR curve my "weigh" when he reported to the insurance company that he was afraid my childhood issues (I am now 58!) would cause depression. Now his office refuses to send me a copy of his report, and they don't call me back when I try to schedule an appt. to find out why he at first said I was good to go, then changed my mind. Just got the name of another psychiatrist from the good folks on this group, and will be calling insurance tomorrow to INSIST that they let me get a second opinion! Anyway, welcome to the group, I am sure you will find lots of people here who will be supportive and helpful to you on your "melting down" journey! Eileen (in Gilbert)
Most Active